What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Temleh

Mega Poster
peep said:
^Wasn't that referring to the starflyer they added towards the end of last season?

No as the label was located where the Corkscrew once stood. I'd show you if I had a picture. :) Of course it had no specific date on it, just seems silly to hype a new attraction in 2012 that may not arrive until 2014 / 2015!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Yes, 2 new coasters for this season! The Volare we all know about, but going on the wild mouse site. Also a Zamperla spinning coaster on the Junior Driving site. When we were talking to Mark Crane who was at the booth of Flamingo Land, and he told us that, we were shocked!

Here is the short interview with him, I know it is unfocused, but I hope you understand I did this very quickly!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCp2ac_BMY[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mushroom said:
I know it is unfocused, but I hope you understand I did this very quickly!

That's a shame; your videos are usually of such a high quality.

This is actually quite impressive of them though to be fair. Neither coaster is really any good, but to the average customer, this is going to impress. I'm actually tempted to bother going back this year now.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Those are awful names! I knew their naming skills had disappeared when they announced Swoooooooooosh and Zooooooooooooom a couple years back.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, the Volare will be Hero as it's going in Metropolis (where the Wild Mouse once stood).

I wish they'd release more information.

What is interesting is the new Dino land. Lightwater Valley had plans to extend the Raptor Attack ride into it's neighbouring area. If they add a dinosaur themed land now, they'd be accused of copying their nearest rival.

T0M

Hyper Poster
They did that by going for holiday homes (after they failed to get caravans), so touche I say.

Wild Mouse was in Metropolis?

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
^Yup, it was before the archway into Seaside Adventure.

And LWV's dino plans are still in the pipeline. I doubt this would do much to deter them. After all, they're opening Eagle's Creek Farm this year despite Muddy Duck Farm only being half an hour away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
I don't hate the name? Like, makes sense. You'll be flying, like a superhero. Don't get what's so bad about it?

Find it amusing that we're getting a Volare in the UK XD

Also interesting, it's weird to me that Flamingeland has a past of being basically a permanent fairground type of place, moved away from that more towards theme parkishness, and now seems to be buying a but load of stuff and shoving it in? At least they're theming stuff, they must be making money from somewhere because from where I'm standing the park gets more attractive every year.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The holiday park has always been the main source of income. They need to keep adding things every year to get people to come back to the holiday park year after a year.

People making their once-a-year day trip would likely still go even if there was nothing new. And the holiday makers on the Yorkshire coast, many who will never have been before, will continue to make the effort regardless.

However, A family staying for a week is bringing in a **** load more cash than a family making a day trip. Those are the people that need to see new attractions on a yearly basis.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Here's a comparison; there is now only a £2 difference in entry price between Lightwater Valley (£28 and Flamingoland (£30)!

:shock:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It's ridiculous that Lightwater are priced that highly. While £30 is a lot, if you compare the number of rides and shows at Flamingoland - not to mention they've also got a zoo - it's much better value for money than Lightwater.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's only this year that it has increased dramatically. It was £23 last year I think, with £15.95 vouchers around.