What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Well I'm looking forward to it. Never been on one before. Might think it's turd, might think it's fab, I won't know until I've tried it. It's great to see a new ride type open in the UK, even if it is slated by nearly everybody!

Once we get one in the UK these will be the ultimate most hated rides ever. You're all in for a treat...

To be honest, they're all as bad as eachother. They're repugnant.

Yet another cheap, half-arsed, box-ticking coaster for Flamingoland to add to their 'worst coaster of every type' showcase.

Glad I didn't bother going this year now. 2 creds <3.

^^I need a cred out at Scarborough as well, so I'll be whoring my way through North Yorkshire at some point!

^Really doesn't matter. If anything it should be called Mingerland 'cos the clientele look like they're straight out of a Jeremy Kyle episode.

The CF Euro-Live trip will get to ride one of these on the Finland trip at Sarkanniemi, so if there's a Flamingo-Live, a lot of us will get to ride one of these coasters this summer.

I've never been on one, and have a weird desire to do so (I was secretly more gutted about not getting on the Volare at Coney Island than the Cyclone haha XD).

So it'll be cool to have one of these, but they look like they'll be disgusting, the claustrophobia <///3

The thing is, with everyone saying how absolutely vile they are, and that you're going to, essentially, get your head caved in, you're not going to find it all that bad.

They're awful, granted, but people are going to be expecting the worst coaster experience ever and are probably going to end up thinking it's actually ok because anyone with a relatively decent coaster count will probably have been on worse.

This will be a brand new one as well. It'll be ****, because even without the roughness they're ****, but people here are going way over the top to be honest.

^It's like going to a really **** club. If you're with your mates and having a laugh, it doesn't really matter how bad it is.

It won't be as bad Tornado at M&Ds, which actually did cave your head in until they removed the corkscrew.

^None. None whatsoever.

It's just that when it's a rumour attached to a park that people are familiar with, they tend to see it is more realistic than it might actually be, probably because they can visualise it.

For example:

Rumour of a new park in Dubai = not happening/will never happen/believe it when I see it

Rumour of LotR for Universal (despite zero evidence and a notoriously difficult Tolkien estate, which we'll conveniently overlook) = It would fit _______ / I hope they ______ / Booking flights!

Like I said on the other page, according to the people at riderater.co.uk, they have had confirmation that it is happening.

But yeah, apart from that, we have no *official* confirmation.

If this does happen, I just think that using the old Corkscrew site is just such a wasted opportunity. Surely they could squeeze a Volare somewhere else and leave that area for something bigger in the future?

Sure, the old coaster site itself isn't huge, but if you include the coach park right next to it, there's potentially a massive space.

gavin said:
If this does happen, I just think that using the old Corkscrew site is just such a wasted opportunity. Surely they could squeeze a Volare somewhere else and leave that area for something bigger in the future?

Sure, the old coaster site itself isn't huge, but if you include the coach park right next to it, there's potentially a massive space.

Flamingoland havent got the brains to think of something like that though Gavin.

For me, things looked promising in the years of Kumali and Velocity (despite having mixed reviews about them) but since then its all gone a bit hap-hazard and they dont seem to want to fulfil the more ambitious projects they once envisaged such as the woodie and s&s air launched coaster.

A volare in my opinion is nothing short of ugly, uninspiring and non ambitious. Im afraid i wont be in a hurry to return here.

I completely agree, but remember there are 3 new rides coming this year, so hopefully they'll all go in that area.

According to UKRides, Wild Mouse is in pieces across the carpark and the latest rumour is Camelot's Whirlwind will be replacing it! Could Mingo install 2 coasters in one season?