What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Pierre

Strata Poster
I'd much rather have Whirlwind than the bog standard steel Wild Mouse.

Then again I'd much rather Flamingo Land buy new rides and not 2nd hand tat.

Dave

CF Legend
Temleh said:
According to UKRides, Wild Mouse is in pieces across the carpark and the latest rumour is Camelot's Whirlwind will be replacing it! Could Mingo install 2 coasters in one season?

Surely there is a scrapyard somewhere that would take Whirlwind to a good home?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Calm down Temleh, someone just said that "Whirlwind would suit Mingo". It's not an actual rumour.

Mingoland dont normally buy second hand rides, do they?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ They used to buy nothing but second hand. Since Kumali though, I'm pretty sure everything has been new.

In one way, it would be a step backwards to put Whirlwind in. In another, since it wouldn't cost much - especially if Wild Mouse has been sold on - getting two new coasters in one season would look quite impressive.

But yeah, no evidence whatsoever of this happening.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Based on the latest season ticket renewal letter, we're looking at a Zamperla Volare (opening July), Zamperla Magic Bikes and an as yet undisclosed family ride.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah it's seems almost certain that they're getting a Volare. From the Ride Guide:

Well just had the newsletter from Flamingoland today confirming 3 new attractions for the 2013 season, 1 x family ride, 1 x ride for people to peddle the faster they do quicker they go, and lastly a lay down coaster due to open in July for summer holidays. So bit of investment and general tidying up has already started this season.

Opening in July?!!! OOUUTTTTTRRRRRAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
It's nice that they are adding things but everything they are adding doesn't make me want to go back just to ride these new rides, why dont they use the money and invest in 1 good thing, insted of 3 crappy things, sorry but that's just the way it is.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^One good thing would still cost a lot more than 3 crappy things, especially given the fact that they traded in the old Wild Mouse to cover some of the cost as well.

Admittedly, this doesn't excite me either, but it's a good move. Outside of Merlin and, to a lesser extent, Blackpool, Flamingoland is the only UK park that hasn't basically been stagnant for years.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Its nice they're getting a new coaster though, and I've never ridden a Volare so that will be an experience.

Looks like its going to be a duplicate model rather than customer as RCDB have all the stats listed like others.

My genuine only concern with this is throughput - Flamingo Land staff aren't the best at times and I bet this either stacks a lot or runs on very few trains, and with it only being four people per train its yet another low capacity ride.

Magnum Force had two trains of 20, Bullet one train of 16-20 but short cycle, Tidal/Waikiki Wave had a capacity of 48 people per ride and they're replacing them with Mumbo Jumbo (four per car), Pterodactyl (unsure of capacity but cycles are decent), and now this, four per car and unique loading system.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^There's only one layout for these things. Yeah, Wiener Prater has a "custom" layout, but it's basically identical; it's just very slightly modified to fit the space. The layout itself is, for all intents and purposes, the same

It's a low capacity ride, but the cars constantly move through the station while they're being loaded and unloaded, so queues move constantly and quickly. They usually run with 6 cars, though there are some with 7 and one with only 4, so it obviously can vary. I can see Flamingoland opting for four cars to be honest. It will get more people through than Mumbo Jumbo at any rate.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Not the best looking ride to install at the park, but I got to agree with Gavin here, at least FL are actually installing something again.
There will be 3 new attractions 2 of which are creds since my last visit to the park only 2 years ago, that deserves some credit for sure.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Been to the great days out fair in Manchester. Managed to speak to someone from Flamingoland. Confirmed a few things, the Volare is going on the wild mouse site. Plus 1 other New coaster. Also something for next year or the year after for the corkscrew site. No wood though. Will post my mini interview with him later

posting from somewhere in the world...

Temleh

Mega Poster
So the park 2012 park map meant nothing then? (New experience coming soon label on top of the Corkscrew site)