What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Niles

Giga Poster
Some closer pictures of the repaint, the supports have been painted black.
272661928_2867776426845748_8939161767626930876_n.jpg

273028274_2867776453512412_3650218587475717331_n.jpg
272683932_2867776480179076_1414488032970354994_n.jpg
272953537_2867776506845740_5259309393414636319_n.jpg
272626467_2867776543512403_2220938318764875327_n.jpg

Pictures are from https://www.facebook.com/groups/flamingolandcrazy/ via https://www.facebook.com/TPIOfficial/

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm actually liking the silver now the supports are turning black.

I know it's not really in keeping with Flamingoland's colourful aesthetic but **** it, neither is Hero.

Fleetwood_Mack

Mega Poster
The only thing that bugs me about repainted coasters is down the line when the new paint starts flaking off and revealing the old paint underneath. In a few years those rails are going to be an awful patchwork of grey and maroon. I'd have just painted the supports. Colossus in layout - Inferno in palette!

Sandman

Giga Poster
The only thing that bugs me about repainted coasters is down the line when the new paint starts flaking off and revealing the old paint underneath. In a few years those rails are going to be an awful patchwork of grey and maroon. I'd have just painted the supports. Colossus in layout - Inferno in palette!

If they kept the same hue of red then it'd be similar to X2, which is one of the sexiest colour schemes ever.

oopnorth

Roller Poster
Apparently the name has been revealed as... Inversion.

Source

Does someone want to submit this in that 'Worst Coaster Names' thread or?

Also, that post suggests an opening of summer 2022, but still no exact date specified.
Am i the only person that actually quite likes the name? Anyway, considering its built next to a coaster called Velocity you could argue it's on theme at least ;)

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
Being in the north east of England, FL is my local park (I don’t count LWV any more, sadly…).

I do feel FL is underrated in a sense - the zoo is prettty good (better than e.g Drayton Manor) and it does have a large and diverse selection of rides on paper.

For families, the combination of kids flat rides, family coasters (Zooom, the Twistosaurus and the Mine train are pretty decent for that level) and the zoo make it a really strong park for kids and families.

For thrill seekers/people on this message board however - none of the “extreme” roller coasters stand out in the way e.g Icon, Nemesis, Smiler, Wicker Man do. There is no flagship coaster to make you wish to return to FL.

Kumali is arguably the best but Odyssey down the road at Fantasy Island is a better SLC.

Velocity is unique in the UK and well worth a ride but it’s not going to make you come back to the park.

Mumbai Jumbo is a solid enough ride but it’s kind of an evolution of a wild mouse really? It’s not one you really wish to jump on again.

Hero is among the most dull coasters in the UK. I haven’t found it painful just rubbish.

I’d honestly rather visit Fantasy Island for Millenium and Odyssey than bother with FL for thrill as it stands, let alone BPB or AT (if staying in the north).

Hoping this new one eventually opens and as previous posters have noted - it does not matter too much if it is a Collossus clone to the general public as they are different catchment areas. It should certainly be the best coaster at FL if and when it eventually opens. I hope to ride it this year!

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Not sure if I’ve ever said this, or how many others are aware. But I love Flamingo land. Purely because it’s dog friendly, not many other parks in the UK can you take your dogs in with you.

There is Fantasy Island, but it’s a bit too crowded and noisy there for my Golden Retriever, she’s been and didn’t like it. She did however enjoy mingo, including riding the train!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Wow, always wanted to take my mutt to a park.
Excellent information thank you sir, Bailey the B'stard, (see left), might get his first coaster after all.
Because he only has three legs, can we use the exit queue?
I think he might be under the height limit :/

Would he be opposed to wearing (3x) thick soled shoes?

rob666

Hyper Poster
You can't touch his feet sadly, he still has all his teeth.
Wish I had known this on my last mingo visit, my mates kids were stuck in long slow queues, we could have watched the dog chew on a few wild animals.
I trust dogs are banned from the zoo bit?
Back on topic, any guess on opening...spring bank being optimistic?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
You can't touch his feet sadly, he still has all his teeth.
Wish I had known this on my last mingo visit, my mates kids were stuck in long slow queues, we could have watched the dog chew on a few wild animals.
I trust dogs are banned from the zoo bit?
Back on topic, any guess on opening...spring bank being optimistic?
Yes they are :)

Which means no log flume for your fur baby either, to the disappointment of Keira, she loves water.

God have mercy

Roller Poster
It's nice to see progress on this after a year of being in limbo. I'm looking forward to it when it opens and hopefully it'll do well end finally have a future at the park. I'm just a little concerned on how rough it might be due to being relocated twice and being standing but not operating.