What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

FR7

Roller Poster
It's expected to arrive in the UK the last day of this month.

The ride doesn't have lap bars either if anyone was wondering.

It's expected to arrive in the UK the last day of this month.

The ride doesn't have lap bars either if anyone was wondering.

I thought that was one of the selling points that it did have lap bars? If this has over the shoulder restraints I'll not be making an effort to visit based upon my last experience of Colossus.

FR7

Roller Poster
I thought that was one of the selling points that it did have lap bars? If this has over the shoulder restraints I'll not be making an effort to visit based upon my last experience of Colossus.

From what I got told by one of the people over looking the project they said it would be shoulder restraints.

I guess it could be possible they could just be saying this but I highly doubt it.

The ride is expected at flamingo land mid October and they are hoping it will be open Spring Bank Holiday.

FR7

Roller Poster
Well unsure why one of the highest people at flamingo land would tell me they were shoulder restraints.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Just to add some info:

-We know that the original coaster was to have lap bars.
-Intamin haven't built new trains with OTSRs since 2010 (Intimidator 305)*

Why would the park and Intamin go to all that extra effort and money to make the ride worse, and less unique in the country? Obviously there's this stupid stereotype that the GP are idiots and think lap bars + upsidedown = unsafe, but that's rubbish imo.

I just don't get how or why this could possibly be true. Till I see some more evidence, I remain doubtful.

*Not including Zac Spins for obvious reasons.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just to add some info:

-We know that the original coaster was to have lap bars.
-Intamin haven't built new trains with OTSRs since 2010 (Intimidator 305)*

Why would the park and Intamin go to all that extra effort and money to make the ride worse, and less unique in the country? Obviously there's this stupid stereotype that the GP are idiots and think lap bars + upsidedown = unsafe, but that's rubbish imo.

I just don't get how or why this could possibly be true. Till I see some more evidence, I remain doubtful.

*Not including Zac Spins for obvious reasons.
But the new member with 4 posts, all today in this thread, says it will be OTSR... Surely that is evidence enough!!!

Sorry couldn’t resist ???

Peet

Giga Poster
Almost all gone now apart from a few bits and Bob's around the side
Where is this? It doesn't look like MAPS.

Well unsure why one of the highest people at flamingo land would tell me they were shoulder restraints.
These lap bars pull down from over your head, unlike traditional lap bars which come down from in front of you - I expect this is where the confusion has arisen.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
The over head shoulder restraints and lapbars that come down over your head indeed probably confuses people. If this coaster has shoulder ear bashing restraints it will be a terrible wasted opportunity and no point riding this over Colossus.

But I already think this coaster is just not going to boost Flamingo Land's image that much. I really don't think the general public are that gullible and un-informed any more that you can fog them off with a 17 year old coaster design and do as well as the likes of installing Taron or Untamed. I just don't think that works. Thus I don't believe the cost AT ALL. £5 million at most for the entire project. Anything more and you would have gone straight to the manufacturer for something new and unique obviously.

FR7

Roller Poster

These lap bars pull down from over your head, unlike traditional lap bars which come down from in front of you - I expect this is where the confusion has arisen.
Very possible, all i got told was the restraints come over your head so just presumed they weren't lap bars.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

This was what I was going to say. Technically Taron and Icon's restraints (for example) are over the shoulder.