What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Does Intamin make any other off-the-shelf looping designs? Doesn't have to be a 10-looper to fit the rumours, I suppose.

Lofty

CF Legend
You just have the four different 'off the shelf' models at the moment, although the 8 inversion coaster hasn't been built since 2006.

You have the 8 Inversion, 10 Inversion Rev A, 10 Inversion Rev B and the 12 Inversion (although that's never been built).

_Doug_ie

Roller Poster
It is unlikely that Flamingo Land would get a new coaster from intamin because they always buy cheap coasters, so unless they get the Hopi Hari coaster they wouldn’t be getting a 10 inversion coaster. We just have to wait and see if anything happens to the Hopi Hari/MAPS coaster. But because we don’t know. When Flamingo Land would open the coaster wee don’t know when the would start to move it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well heres some pretty strong evidence that FL are at least looking at the MAPS coaster. But as of yet have not secured it.
Article translated from Chinese from 12th of April

Anime Studios MAPS costs 22 million "lake roller coaster" waste space
3c603d77-04ac-422d-b3ef-a3857f754ead.jpeg

From a bird's-eye view, the tracks, columns and parts of the “lake roller coaster” costing up to RM22 million were discarded in open space.

(Ipoh 12th News) Continued by the State Minister of the State Council yesterday, after the big squad reported that Meloula was also an anime studio theme park (MAPS), the 霹雳 agency (PCB) re-launched a “lake roller coaster” costing up to RM22 million. The white elephant plan, the track, pillars and parts of the roller coaster are all abandoned in the open space for two years, no following!

Zhang Zhemin, chairman of the Audit Committee of the Institutional Organization, pointed out that according to the special internal audit report, the quality control management appraisal “Lake Roller Coaster” plan was only RM20.3 million, but Anime Theme Park Co., Ltd. (ATP) overpaid RM1.78 million to Sanderson Design Group ( Malaysia) has raised the cost of related programs to RM22 million.

“Anime Theme Park Co., Ltd. paid a huge sum of money, but there is no plan to assemble the 'lake roller coaster', which has caused the roller coaster parts and tracks to be abandoned in the open space next to the theme park. The cost of assembling the 'lake roller coaster' is also An additional fee of RM3 million to RM4 million is required."

In a press conference today, he said that the new management unanimously decided to sell the roller coaster. The highest bid is currently from buyers in the UK, with a bid of $2.8 million (about 11.48 million ringgit). In other words, if the transaction is completed, Anime Theme Park Co., Ltd. will directly face the loss of RM10.52 million.

Soutce - https://www.sinchew.com.my/content/...1n5rISMI44OXeVUXE8QTf3VfCoAxh2dTHXGGyH2yOHvtM

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If it goes for that, they've got themselves a bargain for such a major coaster. Obviously, there's the transportation and construction costs to take care of, but the hardware will have cost them nothing.

It's also interesting to see, if those numbers are correct, that a new Intamin 10-inversion can be had for under US$5 million.

We very rarely get to see what the actual machines cost, just the final costs that the parks like to throw out in their advertising.

Edit - scratch that; it was already second-hand from Brazil, right?

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Edit - scratch that; it was already second-hand from Brazil, right?
Correct they picked it up from Hopi Hari. I imagine HH themselves paid a fair bit more than that considering there are quite high taxes on importing rides from foreign sources in Brazil.
Quite a journey this ride has been on so far.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well... I can't say I'm not excited! This and the Paultons spinner will be awesome for the UK next year. If the spinner ends up being Xtreme, then I have no doubt that these two major coasters will be better than last year's major coasters as a whole in the UK.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Well... I can't say I'm not excited! This and the Paultons spinner will be awesome for the UK next year. If the spinner ends up being Xtreme, then I have no doubt that these two major coasters will be better than last year's major coasters as a whole in the UK.

I'm not sure what you mean here? Do you mean that the quality of the spinner and 10-inversion will be better than Icon and Wicker Man? Or that they'll be better for the industry?

I don't think the overall quality of a Mack spinner and 10-inversion will be better than Wicker and Icon. They'll be fun, but as good and as well received as the latter two? I'd be very surprised.

As for improving the UK industry. A family thrill coaster will do wonders for Paultons and solidify them as a genuine all round family park. If that improves their numbers, there's no bounds to what they can achieve, making them a perfect contender for Merlin.

Flamingo, I'm less convinced. It'll be a great addition for sure, but I don't see a 10-inversion coaster really changing their stance in the market. It'll make them a bit busier, but long term, they will stay exactly the same in the market I reckon.

Leon

Roller Poster
An inversion 10 better than icon ?? nah mate !!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I mean, I'm more interested in trying out Time Traveler than Icon, so I understand @CrashCoaster's thoughts there. But I'm inexperienced when it comes to the Mack launchers so what do I know. We also still don't know if Paulton's is even going for an Xtreme spinner or just a family spinner?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've done Blue Fire an Icon, Blue Fire is fine (albeit Forceless) and Icon is great, it has some nice intense moments but isn't consistent. If it had spinning trains though, I think it would probably be my no. 1.

On that topic of Blue Fire I still can't believe there were speculations of a Blue Fire clone for Flamingo Land and not a 10 Looping Coaster! No idea where they came from but I found those speculations and tbf I wouldn't have minded cause it's the signature ride for the park so... anyway excited for this 10 Looper

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm kinda with Crash' on this one. An Intamin 10 looper 'oop north', and Tornado Springs as a whole 'daan saaf', yeah man, between them I find that more appealing than Icon and Wicker Dude.
I like Colossus, me, so am happy to go ride another one, especially if it has a shiny paint job and new-gen trains (fingers crossed on that one).
I also like Mack spinners, they're dead good. I'd honestly be surprised if it was an Xtreme model - you've only got to see Time Traveler in the flesh to realise that it's one serious, mega-bucks piece of kit and realistically one of those bad boys is just gonna be out of Paultons price range. That said, the family spinners are just as much fun, and with the other flat rides and new themed area that are coming with it, that makes it a winner regardless.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found these on the Coaster Bot Discord server. Lots of work happening on the old Corkscrew site:-
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

I mean... if you honestly deny that this whole rumour is likely true at this point given this and what we know, then you're utterly in denial.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
If you ask me, it's nice to see something new at Flamingo Land! Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be great; good coasters are surprisingly cheap nowadays!