What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Sandman

Giga Poster
The link between the 10 inversion coaster and Flamingo Land is completely missing, and is only briefly referenced by Ride Rater. So just one website and potentially just one person. I'm not saying it's completely bollocks but it feels like this rumour is just based on the fact Flamingo Land have shifted some space and this coaster is technically available and fits into said space somewhat.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'm not saying it's completely bollocks but it feels like this rumour is just based on the fact Flamingo Land have shifted some space and this coaster is technically available and fits into said space somewhat.
I kind of agree with you, but as far I can tell the rumour came first and then the movement of rides and placing of markers at the park came after. That gives it a little more substance and you'd hope the rumour started somewhere credible even if the person sharing it can't credit a source. Only time will tell if it's actually the Colossus clone but either way, they must be planning something fairly big in that spot!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Has anyone mentioned Kanonen yet? Believe that's still looking for a home after that American water park decided against it. Would be a good fit into the eclectic collection of rides at FL and guess could fit that space.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
This is probably a stupid question but surely this coaster's supports will have been designed to fit with the shape of the terrain at Hopi Hari?

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This is probably a stupid question but surely this coaster's supports will have been designed to fit with the shape of the terrain at Hopi Hari?

Nah, for an off the shelf design like this it will be pretty flat, this isn't Nemesis. Plus any weird supporting issues can easily be tackled with landscaping or even crazy foundations... like this one.
Screen-Shot-2019-03-21-at-12-06-47.png

Although Flamingo's plot looks pretty flat, so it won't have to do this... if it happens.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Crane on site again for most of the afternoon. Replacing the trains they took off last time I said there was a crane? Or something more disturbing?

Martyn B

CF Legend
I really hope this turns out to be true, not necessarily because I love that coaster type (I don't), but mainly because I'm sick of seeing parks buying unimaginative brand new **** from the likes of SBF and Zamperla, when there are so many awesome secondhand rides for sale all over the world.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Just curious, is there any evidence that a 10 looper is heading there, or is it all speculation? Not sure if I've missed something.

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
Someone i have talked to who his dad has links to Flamingo Land said that a Tourbillon was at elast considered, so im not sure if theyd do such a small ride in such a big space, but keep your eyes up.

Lofty

CF Legend
Unless they get an RMC or one of the new Vekoma launch coasters, I'm going to struggle to muster up any energy to want to visit again.

Matt N

CF Legend
So maybe Flamingoland haven't purchased it and this major project will be something completely different... interesting.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Found these on Coaster Bot Discord:-
FB_IMG_1554686910680.jpg

20190408_022505.jpg

FB_IMG_1554686904651.jpg

20190408_022426.jpg

20190408_022520.jpg

20190408_022443.jpg

The Zamperla Gravity coaster has moved to near Zooom!, and the cycle monorail has gone (likely to not return (thank god)) so the front area has now been completely cleared, ready for something new.

Ludus

Roller Poster
Just spoke to a mate who's staff at FL, he's said it's a confirmed Intamin Looping Coaster with lapbars. Ground works have started already... Apparently it's supposed to open this year, but I think that's a bit optimistic.

0n75g8tc

rb1w7psm

fep9d9gt

Last edited: