What's new

Ferrari Park in Abu Dhabi

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mountain Madman said:
TBH, I'm not sure this will be sustainable (the Ferrari park, I mean). Dubai doesn't draw the tourists like many other places does,

Dubai has quite a strong tourist industry actually. It might not draw huge numbers, but it draws the uber-wealthy. Anyway, that's completely irrelevant, since this park is in Abu Dhabi.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks like a MASSSIVE Rita.

Haha, I guess if you're building in a desert, use as much space as you like.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
SnooSnoo said:
Yeah lets hope it even opens.. I've always had a bad feeling about Dubai and the surrounding area in their endeavors. I honestly don't think it will sustain the area as a whole.

I can't agree more with this statement. I hope it all works out, because they're doing some pretty crazy stuff, but there's still that feeling...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
gavin said:
Mountain Madman said:
TBH, I'm not sure this will be sustainable (the Ferrari park, I mean). Dubai doesn't draw the tourists like many other places does,

Dubai has quite a strong tourist industry actually. It might not draw huge numbers, but it draws the uber-wealthy. Anyway, that's completely irrelevant, since this park is in Abu Dhabi.

Well... it's about 80 kilometres from central Dubai (Jebel Ali, to be precise) to central Abu Dhabi. It's well within an hour's travel, given the motorway. So I guess anything Dubai builds will draw tourists to Abu Dhabi and vice versa.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Jebel Ali is not even close to central Dubai.

Jebel Ali is a small village and GIANT harbor on the southwesternmost edge of Dubai.

People should stop comparing the two locations.

Abu Dhabi is an Emirate, a soverign territory within the larger country of the United Arab Emirates.

Dubai is a separate emirate.

Saying the two are the same thing is pretty much the same as saying that Scotland and Wales are the same thing. As someone from the UK, you'd find that silly.

They are close to each other, but different.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Okay, okay. New measure. This time, from Amran, neigbouring Dubai in Northeast, to the southwesternmost point of Abu Dhabi. As the crow flies, it's about 170 kilometres. If we factor in roads and decide to be pessimistic, I'd say there are about 250 kilometres to drive between the two locations. It's a bit of a trek, about three hours I'd say with light traffic, so I guess most tourists wouldn't bother with Abu Dhabi if they stay in Dubai. Perhaps a small percentage will, but hardly enough to affect the numbers. Mea Culpa.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I wasn't blowing up at you, or anyone in particular. People have been confusing the two locations since the second these projects were announced.

Since I've actually been to Jebel Ali and Dubai, it's just rubbed me the wrong way.

peely

Roller Poster
For info, apologies if its been posted before, video about the park:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs17gj22DxI[/youtube]

spicy

Giga Poster
GT_coaster_car.jpg

The trains look awesome Ferrari F430 Spiders :--D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ah, so the pic Spicy posted was for the other coaster, I see.

And looks like they've done a Ring Racer jobbo with the F1 coaster, the first hill is heavily trimmed (at least it looks it in that video?)

I kinda like the trains

felipe_massa__stefano_domenicali__team_principle___fernando_alonso_left_to_right.jpg

And yay for lapbars (for once...) :D

Snoo

The Legend
Yay for lapbars but boo for goggles. Obviously they are necessary.. but boo.

I guess we'll see if this park lasts enough for me to get over there in.. 15 years.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
replie

Swat said:
There are not going to be drops on this. Ive seen layouts on this i think on this forum and its just a launch and turns in the style of a raceing track.
there is one big first hill though

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
/\
I sailed out of Abu Dhabi a few weeks ago. The F1 coaster is truely HUGE. didnt get to see much of the racing coasters though :(

AJ

Giga Poster
I'm off to this fabadabuluzzz place in december [for new years] and then back again in feb/march!

There's loads of on ride videos on youtube and stuff and it looks SIKK!

A

Anonymous

Formula Rossa will be expected to hit a top speed of 149 mph when it opens later this year. It is built by Intamin.