What's new

Favourite and most hated rollercoaster train

Aaron

Hyper Poster
nadroJ said:
Also those stupid things of the Jungle Coaster at Legoland. Most self-concious I've ever felt on a ride.

Try farting in one... it's really difficult to blame it on someone else when there's only four people in the car... :oops:

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Favorite:

Mystery Mine:
mystery_mine_070__small__532.jpg

Maverick:
Maverick4.jpg

Hated:

Veggie Tales Sideshow Spin:
DW_Ride_SSSpin01_md.jpg

Dark Knight:
large_batman.jpg

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Favorite:

Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)
The old trains were beautiful, and I'm sad to see them go, even with the horrible restraints.
srosfull4o.jpg

Most hated:

Primeval Whirl
I can feel the pain just thinking about this ride.
20427536.jpg

xkirstyx

Roller Poster
my least favourite has to be vampire at chessington because its painful and any little kids rollercoaster because i always hurt my back except flying fish which has comfy seats my favourite has to be nemesis at alton towers or stealth

Slash

Giga Poster
LOVE:

BM OTSRs
BM Flyer Restraints
Premier Lap bar (like the one on the Mummy)
Vekoma Lap bars
Shwarzkopf Lap bars

Hate:

Intamin OTSRs
Vekoma OTSRs

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Favs:

1)B&M Mega coaster restraints (god they are incredibly comfortable)
goliath-coaster-six-flags-georgia3.jpg

I mean they give you a feeling that when you hit those 0 G airtime hills, you are going to fly out of your seat

2)B&M OTSR: VEKOMA PAY ATTENTION, THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE OTSR!
kumba12.jpg

3)B&M Flying restraints: I mean, these are so comfortable, I probably would make a chair out of one and use it for my car seat.
SFGAdv31.jpg

4)Eurofighter: dont even get me started on how comfortable these are. THEY PUT ALL OTHER (excluding B&M) OTSR TO SHAME!
fahrzeug_pro.jpg

HATED

1) Vekoma OTSR: These things are so God **** uncomfortable, I had to go see a **** chiropractor after getting off of them AND THE WORST COASTER WITH THEM IS NINJA AT SFOG!
ninja_622.jpg

2)TOGO Stand ups: HFS (Holy F*CKING SH*T) These are painfull, I mean, if there was one person in line for it, I wouldn't ride it it is so painful.
pcw18.jpg

3)Seat dividers: Im not a short guy by any stretch of the imagination (6' 4") and these make it impossible for me to enjoy 90% of the coasters that have these in them.
seatdivider-756583.JPG

4)Vekoma SLC: I mean, HFS these coasters are horrible****ass! They have potential, but they just don't deliver.
mind_eraser.jpg

Ben

CF Legend
I don't get it, B&M Flyer restraints are SO uncomfortable... It's one large piece of rubber with just enough space for your head to poke through being brought down on your chest, which you're then made to lie on with all your body weight pressing down on you...

How is that comfortable? Fisting would be more comfortable.

Ben

CF Legend
But WHY? It's just a sheet that suffocates you. Explain to me why it's comfortable, what's comfy about it?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ben said:
But WHY? It's just a sheet that suffocates you. Explain to me why it's comfortable, what's comfy about it?

It isn't really bad for what it is. It's certainly a bit restrictive, but it's not nearly as badly designed as say, a Zamperla flyer...

Ben

CF Legend
I didn't mind the Zamperla ones! They were uncomfortable sure, but, they didn't slice my neck open.

Those coasters suck for a LOT of reasons though :p

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ben said:
I didn't mind the Zamperla ones! They were uncomfortable sure, but, they didn't slice my neck open.

Those coasters suck for a LOT of reasons though :p

Well, I can't see why it'd slice your neck open. I rode Superman a few times last summer and was fine. Maybe it's you. :p

clecktown

Roller Poster
Favourite:

p2149.jpg

p2150.jpg

Dueling Dragons.
Excellently themed for inverted trains, and the restraints (as all B&Ms) are comfy.

There aren't any trains that I really hate, but I'm not very fond of Vekoma SLC ones. They just seem unnecessarily huge.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Favourite:

KumbaK trains on Python, they look ****ING HOT!!!! Comfy too, and pretty smooth... apparently
p13908.jpg

Worst:

Morgan trains used on Vekoma Coasters (unless they're Vekoma trains, I'm not too sure, but I heard somewhere that they were Morgan?! Little Help?) Either way, they're hideous
p10200.jpg

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
^Lol, I've been on Super Wirbel. It wasn't that bad. Still rough, but not the worst clone.

I've never been on it, but the trains are widely used on Vekoma coasters, they're horribly cramped and a tight squeeze, even on me, and I'm 8 stone! The harnesses are also too low down, and press down on your shoulders, which is horrid.

They look quite stylish, but in reality they're just plastic, rough, cramped and painful, which is why I dislike them.... Greatly.

A

Anonymous

I loves the trains on Air, so comfortable!
p8183.jpg

And the trains on Baco
p19915.jpg

But especially the trains they ran on the old Southport Cyclone.
p16456.jpg

They were like little sofas!

Really don't like the trains on Corkscrew.
p11313.jpg

What were they thinking?

Not too much of a fan of the trains on Indiana Jones at Paris.
p22792.jpg

Sure, they look great. But they nearly killed me. Especially as I was about 10 or 11 when I went on it.
Backwards.