What's new

Favorite Woody?

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
The Grand National is the best woodie in the world imo. Truly crazy though I am yet to ride the Beast at King's Island so my opinion might change.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Currently, it's the ride formerly known as Evel Knievel. However, considering my list is so short that Mean Streak is 6th, that's not saying much. However, I've got a trip to Kings Island and Holiday World coming up in two months, so odds are that's going to change.

Snoo

The Legend
You need to get on MS again and then put it at the very bottom. :D

As for EK.. I agree. Fantastic ride.. one of the gems of GCI.. as well as a little known epic ride.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
I had two rides on Mean Streak. The first was surprisingly good. The second (the very next day) was the slow rattle-your-teeth-out ride. However, neither were as bad as my only rides on Gwazi and The Boss, specifically the former.

(edit: my last post, I meant 6th on the woodies list, just to clarify)

Snoo

The Legend
Ahhh.. ok.. different opinion now. :D

I thought you meant 6th OVERALL.. in which case I'd have to come over to give you a proper slap. ;)

Mr. X

Roller Poster
Yeah, I realized as I was typing the last post I only said 6th. It's 6th out of a whopping 8 wooden coasters. That's what I get for going to so many Floridian parks.

s15c

Mega Poster
Has anyone been on Shivering Timbers at Michigan Adventure? I always thought it must be the most dull thing, going up and down and up and down and up and down and turning and up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and turning and done. Figured there must be something special here or there.

EDIT: Failed to embed a photo, because I'm just mentally challenged with stuff like that.

The link, because I've tried a bajillion different things and none have worked: https://iengageatbcs.wikispaces.com/fil ... imbers.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
It would have been better if it had airtime. Some coasters, such as Magnum XL-200 for example, excel at the straight airtime ride.. but ST just doesn't give that amazing epic ride you think it would.

Shame really.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^I went on it about 4 years ago, and it was running pretty well. But it's not the awesome but relatively unknown coaster that a lot of people make it out to be. If you've already been there, it alone isn't worth the drive to Michigan's Adventure to do it again.

Dave

CF Legend
It's always so tempting to say Stampadia, I love that ride, so much fun!

But it's definatley Megafobia, end of the day, back row, amazing.

sawalive

Roller Poster
I have got to love Stampida, Port Aventura, It may not be the tallest of fastest but it has something rather unique about it. I love the mesh of wood all in one so you have no idea where your going, the only thing you know is that you are racing the red/blue car, it feels like 90 seconds of wooden perfection, plus 90 seconds of headache bashing, but if a woodie is smooth I begin to worry because whats the point? I feel stampida is one of the all time best woodies because it really does feel like an out of control stampede! Thats what a woodie should feel like, if I am looking for a smooth ride I will go on a steel coaster!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Gwazi is now my new favorite woodie (not sure which side, probably tiger).

I used to not like it at ALL... but new trains, years of retracking, ect, and it's like brand new. You can't feel the bumps at all, it's just great. Also seems faster than before (probably just me though).

So, yeah, Gwazi deserves a re-ride from anyone who thinks it's rough as hell.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
CMonster said:
Gwazi is now my new favorite woodie (not sure which side, probably tiger).

I used to not like it at ALL... but new trains, years of retracking, ect, and it's like brand new. You can't feel the bumps at all, it's just great. Also seems faster than before (probably just me though).

So, yeah, Gwazi deserves a re-ride from anyone who thinks it's rough as hell.

I'd LOVE to give it one, but sadly I'm about 1500 miles too far away to do so. :(

Also, I'm rather glad I got the experience of riding it with the old trains, just because.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Tremors all the way man,
By the way lets all thank the helpless n00b other wise known as me for posting his pointless opinion that nobody will pay attention to. :happy3:

I'd just like to point out that I gave a shout-out to Tremors in my post. It really is a great coaster that I bet almost no one on this forum has ridden on...