What's new

Favorite Woody?

A

Anonymous

What is your favorite wooden roller coaster? I like the voyage since holiday world is kinda my home park persay???

nealbie

CF Legend
Tonnerre de Zeus at Parc Asterix.

In a mathematical equation, it equals joy, and LOTS of it.

All that airtime combined with the pacing just makes it so wonderful. Its best trait is however, no doubt about it, the fact you haven't got a clue what its layout is nor its shere size until you've got to the top of the lift hill and you go: WOW! <3

nealbie

CF Legend
I'm pleased to see that my fellow enthusiasts haven't yet descended into making Toy Story based jokes! :roll:

Xpress

Strata Poster
Out of the handful of woodies I've ridden, I think GhostRider still has it for me. Amazing ride at night :D

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
El Toro is so good it's annoying and I like it for reasons alien to the rest of the woodies I like. In my brain it's filed more under mega coaster than woodie.

Beast I adored, so, so much. I think that's my second favourite. It's like Ultimate only made of wood and so better.

Voyage is third me thinks.

I like the long, relentless woodies more than the airtime machines, tbh. Like, Phoenix was good but it's not as good as those 3 or even Ravine Flyer II or... what else did I really like... Theres so many in the US that are so similar they king of merge into one. Lightning Racer was good, but probably not as good as Phoenix. Dunno. Need to formulate a list. I wish Mitch would hurry up.

Snoo

The Legend
Beast is so delicious.. but only in the dark. During the day.. meh.. but that night ride.. holy wow. During the Live this year.. the moon was low.. it was pitch black.. amazing. Simply amazing.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Indeed. I rode it in the day and was like "this is good" an then at night I was like "JESUS is this the same coaster?????" It's amazing. Makes me wonder what Ultimate could be like at night. I think it might kill people tbh.

Snoo

The Legend
During the day, before the friction brakes were installed, the day ride had a much better ride. While it did have skid brakes.. those caught hardly as much and the ride flowed much better.. including the big bowl after the second lift. I never got a chance to ride it in the dark until a few years ago.. right after CF bought Paramount.. but I can only wonder what it would be like going full tilt.