What's new

Favorite Coaster Element?

BBH

Giga Poster
We all have that one element that epitomizes ecstasy for us when we ride a coaster. Whether you're a casual fan, an enthusiast or a goon, pretty much everybody has a favorite coaster element. The question is: What's yours?

For me, it would have to be Immelmann loops. There's something about thinking you're going into a loop but flipping back at the last second that really lets the dopamine get excited. A close second for me is pretzel loops, as I said somewhere else, it's more of a "GFORCESGFORCESGFORCESI'MLYINGONMYBACKGFORCESGFCORCESGFORCESI'MFLYINGAGAINGFORCES!" feeling, making for the perfect balance of excitement and intensity.

marc

CF Legend
For me it's actually the drop and first corner of a Megalite. I love the air time then the G.

Lofty

CF Legend
Pretzel Loops. I've only managed to get on Manta, but, I loved it, it's SO intense, I really enjoyed it, shame the rest of the coaster is ****.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^^ You **** weirdo, pretzel loops are GROSS! :lol:

Nothing wrong with being intense, but when it makes you feel like you're going to BLLUURRGGGHHH all over everyone, it's gross! And what makes them worse is the layout that follows, usually tame and graceful, which makes them stick out even more.

Anyway, my fav element is probably the main drop on Dive Machines - perfection!

Lofty

CF Legend
Martyn B said:
^^ You **** weirdo, pretzel loops are GROSS! :lol:

Nothing wrong with being intense, but when it makes you feel like you're going to BLLUURRGGGHHH all over everyone, it's gross! And what makes them worse is the layout that follows, usually tame and graceful, which makes them stick out even more.
SO many people on this forum hate them, I just really enjoyed it. It may have been a case of everything else in the park boring the **** out of me and that was the only thing that was moderately enjoyable, ha.

bmac

Giga Poster
Chiller: Batman's Top Hat <3. Robin's twisty little air time bump in 2007 was also really great.

Other notes:
-Immelmanns and Dive Loops
-ZeroG Rolls
-Forceful Helices.

Jer

Strata Poster
Lift Hills

I love um, I really do, the tension, the views, sometimes it's the best part of a ride, and they are almost always the smoothest part of a ride.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Be ages since I posted on here! I'm a big first drop fan, but honourable mention to Zero-Gs and Immelmanns.

andrus

Giga Poster
This is a tough one! I mean my personal favourite coaster element has to be either the first large airtime hills on Colossos, the first drop of Skyrush or the zero-g roll on Black Mamba. But I don't like ALL firts drops, airtime hills and zero-g's.. There are weak and strong airtime hills and most of the zero-g rolls doesn't deliver zero-g at all.

If I'm instead looking at elements that constantly delivers I guess the case would be completely different! Some elements that springs to mind that never fails are wing overs, invert cobra rolls, pretzel loops and norwegian loops! If I had to choose one I guess it would be wing overs because I've ridden a ton of them and every single one of them have delivered.

Nick P

Mega Poster
Well, it's quite obvious that most of us enjoy all of the first drops and airtime hills, but another element I personally enjoy is the Norwegian Loop (Fahrenheit). It has some nice positive g's at the bottom of the element and a little pop of airtime exiting the element. Really sweet experience.