What's new

Favorite Coaster Element?

Got on stormrunner yesterday and the snake dive is fantastic.
Skyrush's 2nd airtime hill is awesome though.

One of my weaknesses is wing coaster zero-g rolls, particularly GateKeeper's. I also like pretty much any Intamin airtime hill (particularly that last hop on Millennium adjacent to the station) and any intense launch (Dragster's launch is by far my favorite, though I also like Volcano's and Maverick's) and this was probably once in a lifetime, but it seems we got a really good launch or a tailwind or something when I rode Dragster last time I was at Cedar Point because it was the only top hat I had ever done and all that talk of "you think the train's gonna stall!!!11!!1!!!" went out the window...because I actually got a small pop of airtime up there! I'm pretty sure that's not normal for a top hat but if it is then they're one of my favorite elements too. I also really like Afterburn's batwing (so you can imagine how psyched I am for Montu this fall and Banshee next season) and Vortex (KI's) loops since they're the only part of the ride that's good, clean fun and not headbanging.

2012Jarrett said:
when I rode Dragster last time I was at Cedar Point...because I actually got a small pop of airtime up there! I'm pretty sure that's not normal for a top hat but if it is then they're one of my favorite elements too.

Yeah I remember TTD having some nice airtime on the top hat. It's great because it's immediately followed by that vertical drop all the way down. :)

Sanchezmran said:
2012Jarrett said:
when I rode Dragster last time I was at Cedar Point...because I actually got a small pop of airtime up there! I'm pretty sure that's not normal for a top hat but if it is then they're one of my favorite elements too.

Yeah I remember TTD having some nice airtime on the top hat. It's great because it's immediately followed by that vertical drop all the way down. :)

Top hats are meant to have airtime. All the coaster that I have ridden with a top hat (Stealth, Xcelerator, Lynet etc.) have had good airtime.

I think some people say though that there is little airtime at the top of KK's top hat, because it almost stalls when it goes over it.

CookieCoasters said:
I think some people say though that there is little airtime at the top of KK's top hat, because it almost stalls when it goes over it.

TTD had a little pop in the back row. KK is dead no matter where you sit.

Steep Drops. A Luanch. Airtime hills. High-Speed baked curves (that throw you into your seat). Corkscrews/Wing overs and Vertical Loops. Put all this into a coaster and I'll buy a season pass. :)