What's new

Fantastic old coaster footage/pics

Hyde

I Lied About My Age!
Staff member
Social Media Team
Finally got round to scanning this in. One of the latest additions to my collection.

This is a shot of the infamous Schwarzkopf Thriller but unsually it shows the ride in 1996 during its one and only season at Grona Lund in Sweden.
View attachment 8406
Great new phone wallpaper content!

CanobieFan

This is a shot of the infamous Schwarzkopf Thriller but unsually it shows the ride in 1996 during its one and only season at Grona Lund in Sweden.
Does anyone have a good photo of the trains back when it was new? Did it actually open with just lapbars originally? I feel like that was an urban legend and I never knew what the truth was.

Dar

Does anyone have a good photo of the trains back when it was new? Did it actually open with just lapbars originally? I feel like that was an urban legend and I never knew what the truth was.
http://schwarzkopf-coaster.net/ESthrillerGF.htm has some pictures from when it was travelling and you can see the shoulder bars if you zoom in. There's no indication of where in those 11 years the pictures are from though, so it might have opened with just lapbars but they got changed pretty quick if so!

:)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love that shot. I love how it makes it even more ratchet that in already is! :p

davidm

Yeah its excellent ; I was "ahh yes that looks like Dragon Mountain's bowtie but that can't be right as you go into the bowtie straight after the tunnel.... ahh I see we are looking backwards from the wonky pull out - there's the tunnel in the middle. Hang on, where are all the trees .... oh it is really buried in a slag heap, I thought I was just joking to myself about that." :)