What's new

Even more B&M track has sprouted in Ohio

Ben

CF Legend
UC said:
3. Ben is right about the yellow track. I almost wonder if that's refurbed Batman Escape track (though I think someone told me that said track is still on site at Darien Lake...?).

It was still at Darien Lake in August, and unless it has been repainted and cleaned a LOT, this isn't that.

Does anyone know for comparison when Diamondback track appeared?

A

Anonymous

^ According to Mike T a few posts above then the first pieces of Dimondbacks track were there in June.

And also that yellow track is new. The old Batman track from Darien Lake have different loop connectors and only 1 "thickness" of it's spine, where as the track at have some that are thicker.

The hot rumors are that KD will get that red one. First of all they are clearing an area and:
Someone at TPR said:
https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click2GovPZ/HTLTR/PZLTR/PROD/PZ2009/P0041850.DOC

I am not an engineer, so most of it does not make sense, but a few things are pretty clear:
1. It states "Kings Dominion 2010 Expansion" and "New Roller Coaster".
2. 3.41 acres of disturbed land
3. Mention of a Ride Photo building
4. Mention that the Park Service Road will have to be relocated
5. Mention of location near Rebel Yell
6. Lots of talk of water and drainage, a "basin" and "tail water", whatever that is. Sounds like a B&M splashdown pool.
that at least sounds like a Mega Coaster, and the red track looks like it could fit.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Well, I guess that would be killing Goliath in terms of attendance. Fully feasible, if they want to tear down Goliath, but it would be an incredibly stupid move even then. Whatever SFMM is about to get, I don't think a B&M Hyper is among the choices.

That Someone sounds like he knows what he's talking about, though. KD and KI sound very similiar, though, no doubt people will start confusing them after this.

And that SW6 thing was an easter egg. If anyone had quoted me, they would have found the letters "im" before "possible", written in font size 0. I use that from time to time. And it's a great way of getting around the swear filter

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Why? No.

It is either a Chinese coaster or the next rumored installment of a Cedar Fair B&M Hyper.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Judging by that track piece in back of the first picture that Poke posted, it looks to be a mega coaster. Compare:

r1_131.jpg

That looks a lot like the piece with the support near the bottom of this picture:

Diamondback%20022709%20073.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^Do you mean the duelling coasters for Universal Singapore?

I think that's supposed to be one sit-down and one invert. I also thought that Vekoma were building that?

Vekoma sit-down + B&M invert duelling coasters? Nah.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
The Grape Wizard said:
Red and yellow, could it be those Dueling innverts that were rumoured?

It is probably mega just compare pictures:
Red track on forum:
r1_131.jpg

HOLE COUNT: 6 across, 8 vertical
Diamondback (KI):
p22397.jpg

HOLE COUNT: 6 across, 6 vertical

It might not be, but this is probably part of a mega coaster just part of the thicker spines that they use on the bottoms of those camel backs.

PICTURE:
http://rcdb.com/ig3290.htm?picture=56
But the only problem with my theories is that that tracks hole count is
6x6. So I think the only two things we know for sure about this coaster is that
1)It will be a B&M
2)It will have red track

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Look at my post at the first page (the one with all the links). You see, the screwhole number is different in different points of the ride. The lift hill generally has a taller spine, and some inversions as well.

And I still think Megacoaster.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^Look at my post at the first page (the one with all the links). You see, the screwhole number is different in different points of the ride. The lift hill generally has a taller spine, and some inversions as well.

And I still think Megacoaster.

I did notice that the screw count was different, And I do agree, I think it will be a Mega, but we can only speculate.

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
Error said:
What's going to fuel a already fun fire is the fact that Cedar Point already has cleared some land:

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... hp?t=25856

DUN DUN DUN

Well, lets look at the facts for Cedar Point.

For them getting a coaster:
1) They don't have a mega coaster yet (thats saying that that track is mega)
2) That is an awful lot of land to clear for a small kiddy ride
3) SFMM is getting two coasters in two years, so to keep the record CP will have to build another
4) Why the hell otherwise would they take that post off after a few days. One option, they are getting a coaster and they don't want too much hype yet

Against them getting a coaster:
1) They just got a new coaster
2) It is a little too early to call yet.

So IDK what will happen at CP, but them removing that post is really weird. Im on the fence about this.

A

Anonymous

It's very unlikely that the red track is going to Cedar point, it will probably go to Kings Dominion as a new Mega Coaster. The yellow track on the other hand may go to CP.

Snoo

The Legend
Monk said:
1) They don't have a mega coaster yet (thats saying that that track is mega)

Why on earth would they get a B&M Mega? They already have two 'airtime machines' (techincally.. not reality) in Millennium Force and Magnum.. there would be no sense in building one.

They need WOOD.. and GOOD wood at that.

I call it now.. this is NOT for Cedar Point.. plain and simple.