What's new

Europa Park | Piraten in Batavia Rebuild | 2020

Ethan

Why am I more excited about this than I am for the Vekoma Flyer being built down the road?

CSLKennyNI

^Could point out though the original CanCan Coaster was panned and had to be totally redone for the 2019 season, and Rulantica had great reductions from the concepts due to budget cuts and rushing to complete it. Not a total stellar record.

However they do appear to be delivering here with the new Batavia, insurance money together with some extra invested in has obviously allowed them to create a great quality large scale dark ride which we wouldn't otherwise see these days. Very excited to experience it later this summer.

CSLKennyNI

Tomorrow's the day Europa Park will finally be whole again! Press event in the morning and then the ride will open in the afternoon.
TÜV (health and safety) certified the ride today.

Ahead of the expected crowds an extension queue with social distance markers which loops around through 4 different areas has been set up.

CSLKennyNI

Just got off my first ride on it and it was damn good. Loved it, a lot to take in though need more rides to form a proper opinion but very atmospheric and well done. Feels modern and classic at the same time. Great use of media and effects. Highly recommend a visit to try it out.

First onride online if anyone wants to spoil themselves.