What's new

Epcot | Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind | Vekoma Omnicoaster | 2022

ScottLann

Mega Poster
As good as it looks....I'm a bit concerned with the lack of screens/effects that are in there. As far as I can see there is only one backdrop in the back of the building there (I get there will be more) but it looks very much like the same kind of effects that the rock'n'roll coaster has. I'm sure there's still more to be put in but after Rise Of The Resistance I was expecting a bit more. Hopefully I'm proven wrong when the time comes :)

Ethan

Strata Poster
As good as it looks....I'm a bit concerned with the lack of screens/effects that are in there
They've probably laid off the entire effects department at this rate haha. I can picture this entire project being done by the one remaining imagineer they have left, sat in his home office, sweating profusely...

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
So they're doing a pull-through of the coaster now! Then apparently the set pieces are ready to start being installed once they've done full speed testing. Looking a bit more hopeful that they may get it ready for WDW 50th Anniversary (which I'm hoping so as I am out there for it as long as the world is in a better place)

Attachments

• img_0560-1.jpg
    img_0560-1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 204

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This slightly more zoomed out and clearer version of the previous photo definitely confirms a chain lift hill:-

126124523_3828626200505586_4151761095022447567_n.png

Anyone have any idea how long this coaster will be? I mean it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the world's longest indoor coaster at over 4,000ft+ in length, considering it will have at least one LSM launch and lift hill and also considering the size of the show building.

Matt N

CF Legend
This slightly more zoomed out and clearer version of the previous photo definitely confirms a chain lift hill:-

126124523_3828626200505586_4151761095022447567_n.png

Anyone have any idea how long this coaster will be? I mean it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up being the world's longest indoor coaster at over 4,000ft+ in length, considering it will have at least one LSM launch and lift hill and also considering the size of the show building.
It was previously said that the ride will be the world’s longest enclosed coaster, but a length has never been specified.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
450 million?? wouldn't this make it the most expensive coaster of all time
I wonder how much of that figure would be due to Disney's creative accounting, though. The way I've heard it explained, Disney Parks and Resorts (a subsidiary of Disney responsible for running the parks) can't transfer its profit to Disney (the parent company) without incurring a lot of taxes and fees. Not as a pure transfer of profit, at least. But they've found a way around it: Whenever Disney Parks and Resorts build a new attraction using a Disney IP, they have to pay the parent company for the rights to use the IP. Those rights are "bought" at ludicrously inflated prices, essentially costing the parks whatever money they have earned that year. In short, for this coaster, 10% of the sum could be the design costs and ride hardware, and 90% could be the intellectual property right to use the GotG characters on the ride.

peep

CF Legend
A lot of fan sites and media peeps got a short tour of half the ride building today. Sounds like the scale is quite ridiculous and there's one bit with a huge helix around a planet or moon type object. Could be pretty cool.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Finally Space Fantasy has a new challenger for coolest space moment. Even ready for a squash match perhaps?