Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slammer

• Samurai

• Total voters

Lofty

CF Legend
I would say apocalypse mainly due to the fact that I ridden hurakan condor and loved it so I can imagine me loving apocalypse!

Richie

Hyper Poster
Why the hell has Rush got SEVEN votes and is coming out as the second best ride from that list? That's disgraceful.

It's so rubbish.

Rush

Giga Poster
^Urrm.... sorry to tell you but it's now winning with 9 votes.

Well I love it a lot anyway, sometimes it's not so good but that's probably becuase I get stapled. Maelstrom might have got on top if I didn't get stapled.

From that list I would put:

Rush
Maelstrom
Detonator
Slammer

Vortex
Apocalypse

Cliffhanger

Scamurai

The Boring. (I'm crap at puns.)

A

Anonymous

i think that maelstrum is the best thrill ride there because it lasts longer than the others (except hex)

A

Anonymous

RUSH!!! :--D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Rory

Mega Poster
m3 said:
RUSH!!! :--D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :p :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:

Was there a reason for doing that? :roll:

Anyway my favorite flat is The Beast at Fantasy Island - best Top Scan in this country, usually giving a 5 minute cycle back and forward.

After that it would me maelstrom as the feeling of airtime on it is fantastic. :)

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Rush because it is the only one out of those I have ridden. The PI flats are good. Hyperblaster (Space Shot) has amazing airtime and Alakazam despite the shocking discomfort of boarding is really fun. Take me advice though, wait at LEAST an hour after lunch before riding as you are going face down, vertical at least 30 times. I didn't puke but I felt a little iffy, didn't stop me enjoying myself though :lol: .

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Richie said:
Why the hell has Rush got SEVEN votes and is coming out as the second best ride from that list? That's disgraceful.

It's so rubbish.

Because a lot of people enjoy it. I dare you to find another UK flat that offers that much freedom. Of course it is all dependant on how you strap yourself in, however it doesn't matter how much you staple the bar you are in for a loose ride.

Asides from when I though my Colossus restraint was moving, last year, it is the only ride when I have been genuinely fearful for my life. I know I was perfectly safe and I knew that but first time round you do feel so exposed.

John91

Mega Poster
Rush for me, thought it was absolutely awesome
Although, according to my mates on the other arm, i looked really bored.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
colossusdude07 said:
Rush for me, thought it was absolutely awesome
Although, according to my mates on the other arm, i looked really bored.

You manage to look bored on Rush but Colossus gets your orgasm face? I do not understand you John.

Happy Xmas anyway.

Rach

Giga Poster
I'll say my opinions on each.

Detonator: Brilliant when working properly not when the neumatics are broke.

Rush: First time I found it crap. But at Ghoster it was fantastic.

Maelstrom: Not really a fan of it that much, there are better flats about.

Apocalypse: Woo, great on the stand up sides but dull on the sit down sides.

Vortex: Only been on it once and was just an average afterburner

Cliffhanger: Haven't been on

Hex: Hex fangirl. I think it is a great 'ride'

The Haunting: Isn't even worth writing about

Slammer: Another contender for my top spot. I love the feeling when facing straight down and it also feels very insecure with the painful shoulder straps.

Samurai: Meh

Overall I prefer Slammer from the list with a close second Apocalypse.

A

Anonymous

Ive only ridden the flats at thorpe park and out of them my favourites were Detonator, Rush and Slammer. But out of them 3 I would say Slammer was my favourite. :--D

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Well i'll do the same as rach and comment on each:

Detonator: Alot better than I expected, as It's so small, I was not expecting much, however, that launch downwards was amazing!

Rush: I couldn't ride this as it was closed when I went! But i'll be able to on feb 23rd!

Maelstrom: Amazing, you get so much airtime and I really like the themeing, queue line could be a bit better however.

Apocalypse: My all time favourite, loved this ride so much, the stand-up side is the best, the sit down sides are not as good but still very good! My 6 year old nephew loved it!

Vortex: Very nice ride, average afterburner, but still a good ride.

Cliffhanger: Not done.

Hex: Love the story but not that great of a ride.

The Haunting: Bad story, bad ride.

Slammer: Really enjoyed this, lives up to its name and does slam you, very forcefull but not uncomfortable.

Samurai: Good but I found it a bit boring, didn't spin that much and was quite repetitive.

Rob

Mega Poster
From that list i'd be tied between Det and Rush, Det is full of airtime, plus I always scream on that ride, something I don't usually do, and Rush is just fun.
However, My favourite isn't there. Super Booster, Brighton Pier, like the child of Rush and Det, you get the airtime, and 0-60 in 2.5, but you also get the swinging that you get on Rush.