What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

JammyH

Hyper Poster
It was actually quite nice in a way because it kind of felt like everything was back to normal.

I mean yeah, but covid rates in Poland have been escalating so I really don’t understand why they aren’t taking more caution... the last thing you would want is to come back from your holiday with the virus. I know it’s nice for things to feel “back to normal” but I’d rather people were social distancing and wearing masks and have a weird holiday than come back with corona. Just my opinion on it anyway. The park should be doing more to enforce the rules and shouldn’t be letting groups sit that close together.

There just seemed to be a complete lack of patience or common sense throughout every single queue.

Energylandia is always like this. Queue jumpers everywhere. I was there last September and these 2 girls wanted to team up with us to skip the zadra queue. When you get to the station if you go in the far right hand lane you will get to the front the fastest. If a number 2 flashes up on the big screen at the front and you’re in a group of 2 apparently it’s acceptable to barge past everyone and get straight onto the ride... and cut 10-15 mins of queueing time. That’s what they taught us was acceptable there apparently.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
I mean yeah, but covid rates in Poland have been escalating so I really don’t understand why they aren’t taking more caution... the last thing you would want is to come back from your holiday with the virus. I know it’s nice for things to feel “back to normal” but I’d rather people were social distancing and wearing masks and have a weird holiday than come back with corona. Just my opinion on it anyway. The park should be doing more to enforce the rules and shouldn’t be letting groups sit that close together.

Energylandia is always like this. Queue jumpers everywhere. I was there last September and these 2 girls wanted to team up with us to skip the zadra queue. When you get to the station if you go in the far right hand lane you will get to the front the fastest. If a number 2 flashes up on the big screen at the front and you’re in a group of 2 apparently it’s acceptable to barge past everyone and get straight onto the ride... and cut 10-15 mins of queueing time. That’s what they taught us was acceptable there apparently.
Honestly it's not worth getting wound up about. It's a risk travelling anywhere at the moment and my visit would have been pretty **** if I spent the whole time arguing with Polish people on the do's and don'ts of social distancing.

Even with the queue jumpers I didnt think there was any malice involved.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The whole point of those screens @JammyH is to batch people, like a human batcher anywhere else. So of course if a 2 comes up and there’s nothing but bigger groups at the front the 2 is supposed to come forward... Just like anywhere else ?

As for COVID they still enforce masks very strictly, but staff cannot be everywhere, and people just pull them down once they pass the staff member on the gate, until they reach the station when told to put them up again. Doesn’t worry me too much as it’s mostly outdoors, and where indoors (Hyperion) the area is vast and well ventilated by open open doors.

Also, Poland has never really had it that bad. Their highest 7 day rolling average was 714 new cases a day, and is currently levelling off / falling for the last week or so. As is the number of daily cases in the UK. Honestly I do think it’s time to start relaxing a little, at least until Autumn.

Look at it this way, despite small rises in numbers caused by the regular reopening of different sectors and increased, highly targeted, testing recently across the entire continent, there have been no exponential increases anywhere, no significant second waves. Also governments don’t seem worried, even in the UK, (hence reopening sectors) which means their scientists aren’t overly worried, and nor should you be. :)

As a final note, this is essentially a construction, development thread, this convo would be better had in the covid thread!!! I’ve been avoiding too much covid talk lately and now you’ve dragged me back in as my last post here was brand new photos I took just yesterday of groundwork potentially for yet another new coaster!!!! So I got notifications... Can we talk about that highly exciting development please? ?

Also, is this a rocking tug in Aqualantis?

F96ECD26-489A-410D-94E9-EA3630CF698C.jpeg

Christian

Hyper Poster
Soooo... Did they start construction / groundwork for the mine train given that this area (in the photos attached) is where it’s going according to previous posts...

Or did they just dig that entire area to lay services / pipes for Aqualantis?

Looks like 2021 will see at least 3 new coasters at Energylandia to me!!!!

View attachment 9424

View attachment 9425

View attachment 9423

I asked FOMO last week and he seemed to think they are digging up the area under the mine train. If they have to dig up the area under it we know it will be well themed. Otherwise they would just have plopped it down on the lawn and hadnt bothered digging to change the surface under it.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I asked FOMO last week and he seemed to think they are digging up the area under the mine train. If they have to dig up the area under it we know it will be well themed. Otherwise they would just have plopped it down on the lawn and hadnt bothered digging to change the surface under it.
I have a theory...

It looks like they have put service tunnels (water, sewage, power) for aqualantis under the ground in that area, see my pictures, could this by why the mine train has sat unbuilt for so long? Could it be that these needed to go in first and now we’ll see construction start :)

Christian

Hyper Poster
I have a theory...

It looks like they have put service tunnels (water, sewage, power) for aqualantis under the ground in that area, see my pictures, could this by why the mine train has sat unbuilt for so long? Could it be that these needed to go in first and now we’ll see construction start :)

Hmmmm sounds resonable. Altough I hope they also switch out the ground if they anyways are at it. It would be a pitty if they just throw back the dirt and put grass again. Wasnt this also the place where they dumped the dirt from Aqualantis? If so why would they dump tonnes of dirt in a place and then move it again? We need to get a special topic just for that mine train. Seems like it is soon going to go vertical.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
Hmmmm sounds resonable. Altough I hope they also switch out the ground if they anyways are at it. It would be a pitty if they just throw back the dirt and put grass again. Wasnt this also the place where they dumped the dirt from Aqualantis? If so why would they dump tonnes of dirt in a place and then move it again? We need to get a special topic just for that mine train. Seems like it is soon going to go vertical.

No, they put the pile of ground few meters further. Also I guess the delay was caused by human resources, as they hired around 200 people to work on Aqualantis.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It was the same place as the dirt mountain... That mountain has now moved... (I thought when I looked)

They’ve poured a concrete basin by the looks of it in my pics, so don’t think they’ll just throw dirt back in :) I think they have hopefully started the ground work for the mine train at the same time :)

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
It was the same place as the dirt mountain... That mountain has now moved... (I thought when I looked)

They’ve poured a concrete basin by the looks of it in my pics, so don’t think they’ll just throw dirt back in :) I think they have hopefully started the ground work for the mine train at the same time :)

It wasn't the same place. Moreover, they're probably selling the dirt.
118277532_330579258219108_1629089022595270519_n.jpg
117872904_613426222883092_8916339935648624467_o.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It wasn't the same place. Moreover, they're probably selling the dirt.
118277532_330579258219108_1629089022595270519_n.jpg
117872904_613426222883092_8916339935648624467_o.jpg
Don’t think that is the same mound, I am talking about the huge mound in this picture that I took a couple of months ago... It was closer to the bottom left corner of the picture you posted, near the temporary fencing.

Or maybe it has just got so much smaller it looks like it’s in a different location...

Doesn’t really matter I suppose, the mound is very close to where the mine train is going either way.

0D4F93B5-27F2-45AB-9C26-FE952E95BD46.jpeg

Christian

Hyper Poster
I just had look at the Energylandia map and I noticed how incredible Anaconda might look. EL have gone over their rides and added bits of theming here and there but the Anaconda in the map is a whole different animal. Rockwork, no exposed supports or anything. Let's hope that they in this offseason actually theme it to how it looks in the map cause it might make it one of the best shoot the chute in the world.

It might also be that EL dont know how to draw park maps. Afterall, they have had a huge hotel that hasnt even broken ground on the map for years.

Link to EL map: https://energylandia.pl/en/map-of-the-park/

Last edited:

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
I just had look at the Energylandia map and I noticed how incredible Anaconda might look. EL have gone over their rides and added bits of theming here and there but the Anaconda in the map is a whole different animal. Rockwork, no exposed supports or anything. Let's hope that they in this offseason actually theme it to how it looks in the map cause it might make it one of the best shoot the chute in the world.

It might also be that EL dont know how to draw park maps. Afterall, they have had a huge hotel that hasnt even broken ground on the map for years.

Link to EL map: https://energylandia.pl/en/map-of-the-park/

They told me it's just a matter of time to get it well themed