What's new

Energylandia's Future Additions

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
As much as I am fascinated by Energylandia and can't wait to ride the likes of Zadra, Hyperion, Speed, Formula and Abyssus I do think some of the additions look a bit clumsy. Something like Tweestryd with its theming looks far better than just whacking a second boomerang into the mix. I'm still astonished Vekoma sold them a standard layout SLC as well. It would be like Microsoft flaunting a new business Windows 95. Crazy.

All this "new" steel is going to age at the same time. It will be interesting to see how the park will deal with that in the long term. It is not a concern for now but 25 years down the line it will be interesting if the park has the income to maintain and nicely replace coasters considering the number they are building.

Perhaps the massive expansion strategy will pay off long term: Build sooo much that not a single other leisure company would even think of competing with roller coasters in Poland.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, because I can't remember if this came from park owner, enthusiast talk, or my own ass, but I remember hearing that once this new area was done, and hotel, that they were going to go back to the front part of the park and spruce it up, otherwise known as take out the crap and scale it up how they are trying to do it now with all these additions.

I think it was Larson Loopers when he went who said the front feels like a fair or carnival, and the back feels like a park (maybe a common thought?)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

pawel98123

Mega Poster
@adrenaline1996

We don't know exactly when it will be build... But Most likely in 2020.

@AndrewRollercoaster

When owner started to build the park he didn't know if it Will work or not, so he was just building attractions, there was no thinking "oh this coaster is not really that good, let's buy the better version". Over time, he built better and better cause he knew that he can (Banks were more willing to give larger loans)

@tomahawk

If you look at the "old" part of the park and new one (Dragon zone and Aqualantis) you clearly see the difference. There will be different entrance gate in the future, with better zonning and probably they will change many things in the old part in the future. Now they are changing small things and improve the details in the old part of the park each year.

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Aqualantis in progress ;)
What do you think ?

92312324_128848035381535_5673754812806594560_n.jpg

91809273_127656125500726_512023701558919168_n.jpg

JammyH

Hyper Poster
In other energylandia news... apparently the atrocious "monster attack" dark ride shooter thing is being changed to some sort of haunted house style attraction, so hopefully it won't be as much of a waste of space as it was before. ?

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
In other energylandia news... apparently the atrocious "monster attack" dark ride shooter thing is being changed to some sort of haunted house style attraction, so hopefully it won't be as much of a waste of space as it was before.
It turns out you've just replied to my comment on youtube Yes, it will be like this:

JammyH

Hyper Poster
It turns out you've just replied to my comment on youtube Yes, it will be like this:

Obviously the lighting is very dark inside, so it's hard to see too much from the video. Definitely looks like an improvement though, some new theming in there and potentially some live actors too? The smoke effect from the ground was pretty cool too!

Looks like they've completely taken away the shooting element from the ride... which is a good thing as the guns didn't work at all.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
Obviously the lighting is very dark inside, so it's hard to see too much from the video. Definitely looks like an improvement though, some new theming in there and potentially some live actors too? The smoke effect from the ground was pretty cool too!

Looks like they've completely taken away the shooting element from the ride... which is a good thing as the guns didn't work at all.

Yes. It's miles away from world class dark rides of course, yet comparing it to the ride it used to be this looks night and day.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yes. It's miles away from world class dark rides of course, yet comparing it to the ride it used to be this looks night and day.
Sorry it’s off topic... But do you know if Energylandia are extending season tickets or anything due to the coronavirus outbreak...

Mine runs out in Sept and having only used it 4 times it would be nice to get some more use out of it!!!

Trax

Hyper Poster
A friend of mine contacted the park, and they assured him that annual passes will be extended - but did not mention how much exactly. I assume they will provide further information once a reopening date is set.
They already extended the preorder tickets, which were valid until June (or was it July?) until the end of the season, which ends in early 2021.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
A friend of mine contacted the park, and they assured him that annual passes will be extended - but did not mention how much exactly. I assume they will provide further information once a reopening date is set.
They already extended the preorder tickets, which were valid until June (or was it July?) until the end of the season, which ends in early 2021.

Thank you ?