What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

llCoasterN3rdll

Roller Poster
All this says to me is that you don't know what good cinematography is.
So what? I like it. Continue being an ass and see what happens. Gee. And I thought that the people on Instagram were asses. All I did was state my opinion on the ride and say that I like Taylor’s cinematic park and coaster videos. No need to be ****ing rude

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
So what? I like it. Continue being an ass and see what happens. Gee. And I thought that the people on Instagram were asses. All I did was state my opinion on the ride and say that I like Taylor’s cinematic park and coaster videos. No need to be :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing rude

I don't know if you noticed, but most people aren't fans of those YouTube Commentator hacks out there. They throw garbage to the wind and hope naive fools pick it up, which they obviously have given the views and popularity. CF is full of personality, unique individuals, and interesting and sometimes divisive conversations. We certainly are not like other forums out there and 100% not like Facebook (even CF's) or Instagram. If you want to be catered and coddled, you've found the wrong place. If you want to be challenged for your opinions, whether it be in a nice, conversational way (which happens more often than not) or like being a dick (depends on what you talk about and even with who tbh).. you've found the right place.

You want to talk about him? Sure! Create a thread devoted to him or join his legions on YouTube as he has comments open on his videos (That is EXACTLY what we did with the CF Podcast for that specific reason). But randomly throwing those folks out for no other reason then to mention them.. you will draw the ire.. as you've seen.. from members.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Cleaned up some posts here. It's fine to disagree with each other, but be respectful. That goes for junior and senior members alike. Warning points have been given out.

Dave

CF Legend
That dive loop is quite snappy, I like it. Look forward to seeing some more tests as it warms up, pace looks good!

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Taylor is the owner of Coaster Studios, a youtube channel that 12 year olds worship.
I mean, you gotta admit he's smart. He controlls a ton of the YouTube coaster community, causing tons of kids to eat up his opinions since they don't have any other sources.

Pear

Strata Poster
I wouldn't be surprised if that was from one of the first test runs when the lift was actually slow. If you look in some of the more recent offrides you can see the lift is a bit faster.

Snoo

The Legend
Interesting to say the least. It definitely has a 305 feel to it without the look of the intensity. I'm very curious how the airtime will be because of those airtime hills are like floater, the ride will be lacking IMO. I want to be murdered by ejector in the most sexual way. :D

Matt N

CF Legend
Looking great! Those first hills look to offer some nice floater, and the latter elements look quite intense and forceful if rider reports of I305 and Skyrush are anything to go by!

And I can see what @ATI means by this ride being very un-Intamin. Intamin tend to build very low-to-the-ground, twisty rides, whereas the first couple of elements on Hyperion really remind me of Shambhala for some reason.

Snoo

The Legend
Looking great! Those first hills look to offer some nice floater, and the latter elements look quite intense and forceful if rider reports of I305 and Skyrush are anything to go by!

And I can see what @ATI means by this ride being very un-Intamin. Intamin tend to build very low-to-the-ground, twisty rides, whereas the first couple of elements on Hyperion really remind me of Shambhala for some reason.

I disagree. Those elements are kinda just.. there? Look at POV's of Skyrush and 305 and compare to this. Those rides snap through their elements and even in videos, you can tell punish you with airtime and intensity. This.. not so much. I'll be delightfully surprised if thats not the case as I've been wrong before but I'm just not seeing it yet.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Not sure why people don't seem satisfied by this. The video is from the first test run, so it will speed up, which is ridiculous to think based on the speed that the first stengel dive is taken at. The first hill definitely looks like sustained ejector to me with the second large hill be floater.
I can't get over how good the Stengel dives look though... so fast and so snappy! I feel confident that this will be one of the best on Earth

Reactions: N_C

Snoo

The Legend
Not sure why people don't seem satisfied by this. The video is from the first test run, so it will speed up, which is ridiculous to think based on the speed that the first stengel dive is taken at. The first hill definitely looks like sustained ejector to me with the second large hill be floater.
I can't get over how good the Stengel dives look though... so fast and so snappy! I feel confident that this will be one of the best on Earth

Having one or two good elements does not make the best ride in the world. The first three elements, first drop, airtime hill, and dive do look great.. but the rest are severely I305-lite. But not even snappy. Twists and turns are fun.. but does not make a ride phenomenal. From the looks, floater throughout a majority of the ride with a few twists taken at moderate speed.

And you're wanting us to base this off of something we have yet to see.. more speed through these elements. Until then.. I stand by that this will be a good.. but far from great coaster.

Let's keep it in our pants until we know for sure. Calling this the best is like preordering No Man's Sky. You have no idea what you're gonna get based off of lacking visuals. Wait until you get the ball rolling in the seat to confirm before jizzing in your pants before hand.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The twist and dive element already looks very snappy for a first test run, so looking forward to seeing how that beds in!

I'm really looking forward to this - it does look really good fun. Second half does seem to lose a bit of steam, but I think I've been prepared for that I think. Should still be great fun.