What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alpine coasters definitely count Disko's etc nah
It's all up to personal interpretation. My rule is that if a ride is controlled by gravity with no outside interactions for part of the ride, it counts as a credit. This rule allows me to count rides like Wonder Mountain Guardian and Fire in the Hole, but not Disk-o coasters nor Skywarps. Because alpine coaster riders have the opportunity to brake at any point in the ride, I do not count them as creds (although I have seen videos of a few exceptions so that isn't a blanket statement). Oddly, this preference could produce some funky results where those tracked zip line things seen at IAAPA check all the boxes of a cred yet Skywarps, which quite closely resemble traditional roller coasters, do not. But again, this is just my own personal rationale - I won't knock anybody for counting differently if they choose to do so.

UP87

Mega Poster
Does riding a girlfriend's emotional roller coaster count as cred tho?
I think a count should be accessible to all. So no backyard coasters that are closed to the public. That should cover most emotional roller coasters, as well. ?
And no Disk'O Coasters.

Maldo_Krm

Roller Poster
Abyssus looks finished. Work in progress with Aqualantis theming. Credit Mirek Stecyk

gf-yqHg-hQ5S-C2eg_wesole-miasteczko-widmo-jak-wyglada-energylandia-bez-ludzi-1920x1080-nocrop.jpg

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Good god, Anyone know if there has been any testing yet or if its planned shortly?
I imagine won’t be possible as Vekoma can’t get from Holland to poland as Poland’s borders are shut, not reopening until may I don’t think so don’t expect any testing for a while.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
With the amount of rides Vekoma build for Energylandia, I wouldn't be surprised if they've just set up a permanent base in Zator to be honest...

Last edited:

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Abyssus looks finished. Work in progress with Aqualantis theming. Credit Mirek Stecyk

gf-yqHg-hQ5S-C2eg_wesole-miasteczko-widmo-jak-wyglada-energylandia-bez-ludzi-1920x1080-nocrop.jpg
The coaster looks amazing!! It is unfortunate this is in Europe but this will be amazing for the park even though it is just a bigger version of Formula 1. Do you guys know if this is a custom layout or can this be cloned??

Trax

Hyper Poster
Do you guys know if this is a custom layout or can this be cloned??
I don't know if Vekoma is planning to sell the Shockwave+ Layout we are seeing here, but as it even has it's own name, I think the Shockwave+ can also be purchased by other parks. The normal Shockwave is meant to be cloned, even though it requires some groundwork to be done.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Do you guys know if this is a custom layout or can this be cloned??

There's a standard Shockwave model being built in China which is the same layout as Abyssus minus the first launch section. I imagine we'll see a few more pop up over the years, looks like a great layout.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's certainly going to be a stock model; whether we'll see any more pop up soon is another question. Vekoma has introduced a lot of new 'stock models' in recent years and have only seen one built so far (or two if they're going to the same company, as seen with China).

In any case, all these different models prove Vekoma's new range are versatile and look great, which should attract parks' attention in the future.

i305_zack

Mega Poster