What's new

Efteling Replacing Python.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
Yes, it uses the same trains.
I've read on a Dutch forum from people who've ridden it that it's very smooth now. All the bumps and jolts the old Python had are gone. They also said that it maintains its speed a bit better throughout the course.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
So is this technically a new cred? Bearing in mind it has also been re-profiled, not just new track.
That's an interesting question.
Re-profiled layout, new track which is slightly different in style, new chain for the lifthill and new breaks, but then the station track, lifthill and first drop are the same old track and it uses the same trains as before... It's questionable. Not sure what to think.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I quite like this track reprofiling tbh! Never found Python to be that bad in the first place (well, nor that exciting either) and removing the jolts should makes this a pretty decent coaster :)

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
My point was that even though something changes with a coaster, it's not a new cred. Look at Mantis/Rougarou. It became a totally new experience, but according to RCDB it isn't a new cred.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'd count it as a new cred. All of the track has been removed and replaced in one go - that's the same as Hulk. It's not really the same as reprofiling in my mind. I count the new track installations (in the same layout) of the Plopsaland and Asterix kiddie creds as new too.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I'd count it as a new cred. All of the track has been removed and replaced in one go - that's the same as Hulk. It's not really the same as reprofiling in my mind. I count the new track installations (in the same layout) of the Plopsaland and Asterix kiddie creds as new too.
But am I right in thinking not *all* of the track has been replaced? Didn't they keep the existing lift and drop?

I'ts an interesting one. I don't know what the answer could be. I guess the same debate will inevitably crop up for Colossos...

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
If Hulk was a new cred, then this definitely should be. Only difference with this is that the drop stayed the same.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If Hulk was a new cred, then this definitely should be. Only difference with this is that the drop stayed the same.
Where do you halt this logic though?
Oh but Python was a new cred and it kept the station, lift and drop, XXX has kept the first hill but the rest's totally been replaced.
XXX was a new cred with the station, lift, drop and airtime hill, ZZZ had the whole 2nd half replaced.

Whole thing or no new cred imo.