What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

Ggolt

Roller Poster
I ain't debating the cohesion of the fart joke with the narrative, I'm saying it'll be so ****ing annoying. Saying that, it is the park with the bins that shout PAPIER HERE every two seconds.
Though Efteling has some really good theming, I also like to think they have some of the most annoying things ever such as that carnival darkride tune, the paperbins and now this... I’m bringing some earplugs next time

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Can't say the queue is something I'm looking forward to between the farting organ and big uncovered cattlepens. Ah well still I look forward to the ride itself, with all the music and effects should be fun.
650x370-alpenweide.jpg

Efteling has a reopening test run today for employees families I believe and the Mortiz train has now been delivered too, and coaster testing has resumed.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Off ride footage (although we can only see that very partially) does seem a bit slow but it will probably be better when riding it. At least it is high capacity which is what the park needs.
Runaway Mine Train is usually a decent ride.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Efteling have released a time lapse of the construction and confirmed Max & Mortiz will now open 20. June!

Preview events will be held for Annual Pass Holders from Thursday 4 June to Friday 19 June.
Registration opens on 2 June for the morning (between 08:00 and 10:00) and evening (between 19:00 and 21:00) preview time slots.

Last edited:

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I was sad when Bob was announced to be leaving because I had never ridden a single-car bob coaster.

So I did a last-minute trip over to Holland last July to ride it.

It was rough and painful. I can see why it needed to go.

That said, I will miss the trees that used to be in that area.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I was sad when Bob was announced to be leaving because I had never ridden a single-car bob coaster.

So I did a last-minute trip over to Holland last July to ride it.

It was rough and painful. I can see why it needed to go.

That said, I will miss the trees that used to be in that area.
Rough & painful? What are you made of tissue paper? Hardly rough, yes it did bang into the MCBR but by no way rough

Ggolt

Roller Poster
The MCBR’s are still part of the lay-out and it has like 4 of them so yes I can totally understand one would say it is rough. Hurt my knees many times on that ride, tho I’m very sad it’s gone.

scragnoth

Roller Poster
I hope I'll get to ride one of the US Intamin bobsleds before they bite the dust, too. I wanted to go to Efteling to catch this credit as well but it was a complicated year for me so I didn't manage to actually do it. Otherwise I only rode Bobbahn, Mack's pendant, at Heide Park a few times, last in 2016, and it gave me a bit of a headache because of the vibrations caused by the wheels rolling on that type of underground. In 2019 the line for it was too lang for my liking so I skipped (same with their SLC ? ).

Ries

Mega Poster
I rode the green track yesterday. It's a fun layout. But not too exited to be fair.

This one needs it from the landscaping around, which is incredible. The queue is nice and fun with quite some interactive stuff. The station building inside is beautiful. The queue as well inside there are a few Easter eggs as well as visual and audible references to other rides or attractions at the park.

The overall themed area is a big plus for Efteling. I sincerely mean that, it looks gorgeous (imho).

The ride is really for kids, we knew that before hand, but still I hoped on a little more excitement. The theming of the ride is excellent. Even the fartyfart parts aren't really that bad in real life. Restrains where a little tight, more adults had issues with them.

Edit:
Did the blue track as well. And that one felt faster and a little more fun. Especially round 2.

Last edited:

migo315

Roller Poster
I think little kids will love this coaster and fit perfectly to Efteling. I was in Efteling with Family the last days and really missed a second coaster for my son (110 cm).