What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
And a journalist managed to get some pictures from inside the station. And ironically, the pot calling the kettle black, Looopings are calling them out for illegally taken pictures that are against the park's wishes...
Lol, this is hilarious. They share the images, and then have the cheek to say they're against the park's wishes. :p

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Had no idea the trains were going to be so long, looks like 80 people per cycle, great stuff.

I'm not sure if it's been said in the thread before, but the park are aiming to get 1800pph with the attraction (so 900 per side). That's something like 2-3 times as much as what Bob was getting. Should be pretty achievable imo

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I get this is aimed at purely a younger audience in a way that most of their rides aren't but I can't see loads of farting jokes fitting in with the tone of Efteling. I think this will feel jarring next to the rest of the park and like Lofty said that thing in the queue looks so annoying.

When I think of Efteling I imagine fairytales, myths and legends, etc, not a huge animatronic whoopie cushion.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think small kids will love all of it but I would rather suffer second-degree burns than stand in that fart queue for 30 minutes.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think the cushions fit the theme well; from what I gather, I think Max & Moritz are supposed to be two mischievous boys who like playing pranks, so that sort of animatronic fits the theme very well? Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
When I think of Efteling I imagine fairytales, myths and legends, etc, not a huge animatronic whoopie cushion.

To be fair, the story of Max and Moritz is a fairytale. And it's pretty well known in Netherlands I believe? So it still keeps with all that. The difference between this and everything else is the tone of it, and the added confusion to a foreign audience.

I imagine (hope) the whoopie noises will just be so constant you can end up ignoring them. Doesn't make the prospect of queueing for it any more enjoyable though.

The worst thing though is the fact you have to survive the queue twice to get both creds.

Rein

Roller Poster
To be fair, the story of Max and Moritz is a fairytale. And it's pretty well known in Netherlands I believe? So it still keeps with all that. The difference between this and everything else is the tone of it, and the added confusion to a foreign audience.

It's a German story that doesn't end well for the 2 boys... However, the Efteling published their version of the story last year in a book called "En ze leven nog lang en gelukkig " (meaning: And they lived happily ever after), a collection of fairytales. In this version they constructed a new storyline and only kept that the boys where naughty and doing pranks all the time.

Lofty

CF Legend
I ain't debating the cohesion of the fart joke with the narrative, I'm saying it'll be so ****ing annoying. Saying that, it is the park with the bins that shout PAPIER HERE every two seconds.