What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I imagine the construction company Energylandia are using are booked for their Vekoma Shockwave+ now. And their Vekoma Mine Train. And their Vekoma Tilt. And their hotel. And their...

May as well be owned by Energylandia ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm surprised Efteling aren't a little more protective of their trees. I mean, I know they've got thousands of them anyway, but I'm surprised to see just how many appear to have been cleared there.

UP87

Mega Poster
I don't remember seeing any tree stump or cut down tree. I think it's not impossible the trees were saved and are going return with the new attraction. On the other hand: There were mostly deciduous trees arount the bob and the artwork of Max & Moritz contains conifers.

Peet

Giga Poster
I think it's not impossible the trees were saved and are going return with the new attraction.
I don't think that's how trees work! These are much too big to be replanted.

The loss of the trees actually makes me more sad than the Bob itself - what made the ride so good was the fact that it was through a forest. I suppose they had to be removed for construction purposes and I'm sure there will be a decent replanting effort, but it will be a decade or more before it gets back to the beautiful wooded area that it was.

UP87

Mega Poster
I don't think that's how trees work! These are much too big to be replanted.
If you want to you can basically move any tree.
It just gets expensive and a bit more difficult. Looking at your old pictures the trees don't seem too big to move, at all. For about this size there is special machinery to get the trees out of the ground with some soil. But I have to admit I checked the photos from page 3 again and there are at least some cut down trees. That said I mentioned that the artwork shows different trees anyway.

peep

CF Legend
Darn it @UP87 I was just about to post that video! :p

It is crazy how much bigger that area looks without the trees. They're also moving at a rapid pace getting Bob out of the way.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You're telling me they did all that work to take those trees down and not one picture surfaced on the internet?

Plus, you have to have somewhere to put them while you do the work. If you notice in that video they move it into a prepared hole. It'snot like they can just stack 'em up in the car park. :p

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
On the Untamed documentaries, most of the workers were American. These are actual RMC crew. Granted, I'm sure they brought in some European help.

RMC does most of their own work, hence why they have their own trucks and employees. If I remember from an interview with Fred Grubb, the number of employees they have varies based on how much work needs to be done.

The one employee is female, and very recognizable. I remember seeing her on Untamed construction, and I think Zadra construction.

GCII has their own crew too, of official carpenters. They were the ones building Wickerman and other overseas rides, no doubt.

Intamin, for example, has no construction crew, hence why companies such as RCS, who have experience, are often hired. I mean, pretty much every steel coaster built in Europe is by RCS

RMC got their work in roller coasters started by constructing T Express and El Toro, as well as other, mostly wooden rides before breaking into their own.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Track:-

IMG_20191216_134742.jpg

Found on Coaster Bot Discord.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is there an opening date for this? I'll be there right at the start of March but I doubt these will be anywhere near finished :( I could really use the +2

Peet

Giga Poster
It just says Spring 2020 in the video. They're small creds and it's been under construction for a while already so you might be okay.