What's new

Efteling Expansion + New Coaster

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Hate to be that guy but maybe the hotel should have it's own thread? Most of the news about it is now scattered between this and the Danse Macabre thread. Great to finally see vertical construction though!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I don’t think a hotel’s construction would need it’s own thread, I think it fits in here. Once they start to built a new coaster, that’ll deserve it’s own thread.

cookie

Giga Poster
According to insiders to Looopings, Efteling is looking to end the Raveleijn stunt show as early as January 2025 (their contract with Puy du Fou was supposed to last until 2026). The plan is to do away with the arena and turn it into a new themed area featuring shops, restaurants, and a walkthrough attraction that tells the story of Raveleijn in a more interactive way, still featuring live performers contracted by Puy du Fou. Apparently it's in response to growing criticism over the use of animals during the show, leading Efteling to want to move away from the format. The new area and walkthrough attraction would be the big novelty of the 2026 season.

Edit:

Meanwhile, the Grand Hotel has risen multiple floors while the surrounding area is seeing remodelling. It's all coming along at a rapid pace.

GOg5nhHWIAA1AnX

GOg5mtGWcAAFfRc

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well in that case I'm glad I did get the chance to see Raveleijn, but I'm happy to see it go/retrofitted to something else as I didn't find it that impressive. The set looked great though, so if there's a way to maintain some of the facades into whatever the new attraction is, that'd be great.