What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

josiejolie

Roller Poster
KoasterEv said:
Love the color scheme and theming! Given the inital drop height, I'm assuming the layout isn't going to be very long though. :( Would be awesome to see a Giga Dive Machine X-P

There will be a section underground as i understood. Going 10 meters (30ft) underground on the first drop. But i still don't mind if the ride will be short. Theming is an expertise of Efteling.

I believe this is the first B&M ever in the Netherlands. Hope to see more of them in the future. Preferable a invert since all we have is one of the first Vekoma SLC in Walibi Holland (and you feel that during the ride).

Also i hope to see more of GCI, Intamin, and (we all have dreams) a RMC Hybrid.... :angel:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
josiejolie said:
Preferable a invert since all we have is one of the first Vekoma SLC in Walibi Holland (and you feel that during the ride).

Don't forget Droomvlucht :wink: . Still a better invert than El Condor.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Some photos of yesterday.

142255_real.jpg

142259_real.jpg

Source: http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl/forum/136/24466.123

More photos on there as well.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Layout revealed:

10974605_10153182131208854_4786563998987982853_o.jpg

Source: Looopings/vijf zintuigen forums, also confirmed by the park's facebook page now.

Drop in tunnel > Immelman > Zero G > Helix > Airtime hill and turn into the brakes

So as expected similar to Gardaland's coaster.

---------------------------------------------------------

Making of Episode 5 is also posted now:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDIQvUC3ByQ&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

elephant58

Hyper Poster
RCDB will claim it's a heartline roll, based on what they've said about the Gardaland coaster's 2nd inversion. I personally think it's a Zero-G roll, especially if you go by what RCT3 says. :wink:

ThomVD

Giga Poster
The making-of confirmed it's a zero G roll, and there is indeed a little airtime hill towards the end. The animated POV is shown there. I'm glad, I prefer zero G rolls over heartline rolls.

Dar

Hyper Poster
elephant58 said:
RCDB will claim it's a heartline roll, based on what they've said about the Gardaland coaster's 2nd inversion. I personally think it's a Zero-G roll, especially if you go by what RCT3 says. :wink:

And what the park director says in the video! :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ To his defense, I edited my post later to include the making of video, before that it was difficult to see whether it's a zero G or a heartline roll :wink: .

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm liking the layout, not overly complex but should give a similar ride to Krake, which is fab. Looks amazing though, easily the best looking Dive Machine around.

josiejolie

Roller Poster
Loving it :)

Can't wait to go there again and experience Baron 1898.

I also hope that Hartenhof will be completed next year.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Here's the POV for those who didn't watch the making of.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5dlQniNqMo[/youtube]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Please release that layout map in large res Efteling. Please.