What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

I'll echo the "omg color is fab" statements.

andrus

Giga Poster
Count me in as another fan of the copper/verdigris coloured track! :--D (I wonder why that hasn't been used on a coaster before??)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm really surprised as I thought that I'd be in a minority liking this colour. It's perfect for Efteling, a kind of mysterious natural green, but I thought others might find it a tad muddy or drab. Yay for people liking green!

Also, it's great to see so much happening so quickly. I really can't wait for this, I think I'm more excited about this than any other 2015 project.

peep

CF Legend
But it's not a creative colour! :p

I'm actually shocked at how quickly this is going up, it is however Efteling so something will happen that means opening is delayed, it's like a curse the park has. Still uber excited and can't wait to see more construction pics.

marc

CF Legend
Re: Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

They are probably trying to get the bulk of it done before the snow.

Roger013

Roller Poster
@Ceep, I understand what you are saying. But this happened every time when they wanted to invent the wheel again. (Dreamflight, Flying Dutchman). B&M is behind it now. The information I got is they are even ahead of scedule. They want to move as fast they can before it starts freezing or snowing.

peep

CF Legend
Roger013 said:
The information I got is they are even ahead of scedule. They want to move as fast they can before it starts freezing or snowing.

Which is the issue they had with Joris so that is totally understandable. However everything else they have built has had a major technical issue which has forced them to move back the opening of a new attraction. Efteling are also perfectionists and I reckon it'll take a while to finish the theming on the station building, I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it opening till late Summer.

Loopings has suggested this will have a single rider queueline after a trial in the Summer on the Bob coaster was a success.

Roger013

Roller Poster
Someone asked me in a pm about the new watershow in the Efteling. As I deleted it, I'm not sure who asked me. Not the right place to upload this, but don't know where else to place it.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzQdW_HgRlA[/youtube]

Roger013

Roller Poster
New update, making of video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntZkAa4YfE8[/youtube]
The designers are talking about the importancy of the station, the storytelling about the guest being mineworkers entering the mine. The constructionworkers tell about the little time they have and hoping the winter will treat them well.
As seen in the video some new art design (side of the station)
15594444577_e1ec553cb4_c.jpg

They talk about the importancy of the bridge in the view of the ride:

15594793600_198f378158_c.jpg

Hope you liked the update.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^That's ace, I'm excited about this project, Efteling really know how to make their rides stand out.

baronkeuchen.jpg

Saw this on NLE, where someone found it from themepark.nl, by Vincent Keuchen

Gives a pretty good idea on the scale of this thing, if the artwork is to be believed.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Made these today:

1900465_410004409150399_7949687830866877487_o.jpg

10830976_410004405817066_9106899215098886568_o.jpg

Let's hope they'll close off the building in time. It's getting around 1 and 2 degrees celcius in the Netherlands at the moment, though it is apparently getting warmer next week thankfully.

Another note, happy to say that Efteling is in a better state than ever! All the effects everywhere worked, staff seemed happier than ever, lots of small random things are added in the park and the recent refurbishments for Fata Morgana and Piraña are very well done. Fata Morgana is probably even my favourite ride in the park now. Fons Jurgens (the new CEO) is doing a very good job!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Not sure if it is mentioned before, but this ride will have two pre-shows (both will be at least longer than 2 minutes). Unlike Villa Volta though, they will barely contain any words/speaking. This is to make it more understandable for foreigners, another hint that the park wants to become more of an international destination instead of just for the Dutch. I'm curious what these pre-shows will be like, and I hope it doesn't hurt the re-ridability of the coaster.

There will also be three queues. A normal one, a single rider queue and a separate front row queue.

Source: http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3185/Div ... shows.html

Also, this is what the station building looks like now:

140134_real.jpg

Source: http://www.vijfzintuigen.nl/forum/136/24466.86

peep

CF Legend
Wow the building is really coming together. The news of two pre shows is interesting. Like yourself I also fear it could cripple re-rideability. But it's Efteling and they know what they're doing.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
A front row queue on a train that only has 3 rows seems.... unusual.

Krake has it, but mainly because when they didn't have a dedicated front row queue everyone waited for the front anyway...

Guess because we're used to Oblivion forcing people to sit in certain row it's a very strange idea, but it'll probably make the normal queue shorter, which is a benefit...

Then again, the queue split might well happen after the pre-shows...

The building looks amazing already too...