What's new

Drayton Manor standard price list for 2012

Martyn B

CF Legend
It is good to see Drayton continuing to invest in their current rides, as that was one thing that used to let the park down.

Lofty

CF Legend
With those said changes & sprucing up, I can see why they've put their pricing up so much..................... :roll:

Martyn B

CF Legend
I bet a lot of people will be gutted about this....

IMG_1557.jpg

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Lol, does that mean it's getting another retheme, or just a touch up? I don't understand why they don't just put it out of its misery already and make more room for expansion.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I asked several people from the park about the parking and price increase. They understand that it's hardly justifiable as there are no new attractions, but it's what the money men want. They did point out that there are plenty of vouchers and that they even advertise them on their website.

There are a few other bits of info.

The next big coaster aimed at thrill seekers (which will be a UK first, that's all the info I could glean from them!) has been put back until 2014 at least. The hotel was over budget and that needs to be paid off first. The new coaster will sit in the field near the Buffalo coaster and will have some interaction with the lake.
lakefield.jpg

Pirates of The Caribbean Rip Off, Pirate Adventure, is almost certainly going to be removed and at least two new Thomas Land attractions will take it's place.

Excalibore is defiantly going. It's old, tired, in bad shape and unpopular - it's the furie of rides. :wink: The castle and dragon tunnel will probably stay and be used for a Santa's Grotto during Winter Wonderland.
castleandtunnel.jpg

Finally, the Revolver building (and ride) has gone. If all goes to plan, a thrill ride will sit in that space next year.
revolverground.jpg

One of these would fit perfectly in that space. I'm not saying it is going to be one of these. Just a suggestion.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KONbMWGrCQ[/youtube]

For the few of you that care, I managed to grab 3D POVs of Shockwave, Ben 10 and G Force. Even got a reverse POV of Ben10. Shockwave is running really well, didn't feel as rough as previous seasons and the harsh brake is less harsh, but still harshish.

Oh, and the merch at the park this year is awful. Those silly plastic cups with spiral straws, pens/keyrings/notepad stuff and teddy bears. I was proper gutted to find the Zoo giftshop has shut down as there was some AMAZING tat in there.

That's that then.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
Excalibore is defiantly going. It's old, tired, in bad shape and unpopular - it's the furie of rides. :wink:

OI! No need for that. I'm not always tired :p

Some great info cheers Ian, though the excitement of new rides is kind of countered completely by the disappointment of Pirates going and lack of decent tat.

Actually, I hated that bloody Pirate ride. One visit I had to repeat it five times in a row and it was the most suicidally depressing hour of my life, all the time trying to pretend to be as excited and happy about it as the two year old was.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new thrill ride, Drayton always pick top notch flat rides.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I asked several people from the park about the parking and price increase. They understand that it's hardly justifiable as there are no new attractions, but it's what the money men want.
Usual story. People at the top get greedy and decide to price gouge as much as possible.

Oh well, there's plenty of other parks. I just won't bother with Drayton for a few years unless common sense starts starts to set in. Right now the place is an absolute rip off. Chalk this one up as a net loss for them.

Jake

Strata Poster
I'm glad they finally spited Excalibur - even when it first opened it was dire. There was barely any theming, and the limited amount of effects never worked. The audio was always screwed up too. Plus, it was a pretty pointless addition, right next to a very similar attraction.

I really hope they don't keep the tower and last tunnel. That basically means they can't be bothered to remove anything, and we'll be stuck with some cheap rotting theming for a few years. I say rip it all out and bring the Jungle Cruise knock-off back!

I'm secretly gutted about Pirate Adventure going... even though it was very tired, I still think the level of theming/detail in there was actually better than pretty much anything Merlin have ever done... especially the large room with the ships in it, and the first bit after the drop.

It's a shame they can't keep the infrastructure of the ride and retheme it, because a park like Drayton need a gentle family boat dark ride really. But, if they're going to rake it in from more Thomas stuff and save up for a cred, that's fine too I suppose!

Martyn B

CF Legend
I agree with Jake, not best pleased about Pirate Adventure going. They're removing a decent lenght family dark ride, for 'more of the same' in Thomas Land...?

It wasn't amazing by any standards, but it was still a fun ride. We lack dark rides as it is in the UK, so I would have much preferred to see it rethemed.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't agree more. We are certainly lacking dark rides in the UK, they're such all-round crowd pleasers. It'd be good if the UK got a NEW dark ride, a modern twist to the age old Haunted House theme would be fantastic.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Yay for excalibur ridding! that has to be one of the worst boat rides ever! Bit miffed about the pirates though - bit cheesy, but nice nonetheless!

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I am quite saddened to hear of Pirate Adventure going. I went last week and was surprised to see how much work had been done on the ride. All of the animatronics were working, and new lighting had been installed in areas.

Oh well :?