What's new

Drayton Manor Resort Five Year Plan 2022 - 2026

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
Info regarding the mini flume has been released today. It will be called Thomas and Percy's Submarine Splash and will open April 29th.

sub-splash-announce-1920x720.jpg

Source:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster

cookie

Giga Poster
A site visit, chat with the managing director and news on changes to Shockwave:

To summarize the details regarding Shockwave:
  • The track will remain the same, but the coaster will get new trains
  • The managing director doesn't directly say it but Shawn basically confirms the stand-up element will be removed
  • The coaster will have a new name and a new theme (slight variation on the old theme)
  • Height requirement will be reduced from 1.4m to 1.2m
  • The director teases "hidden surprise elements" being added to the ride

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Thanks for summarising that, anything that helps to avoid watching the video is greatly appreciated.
However, I must be getting desperate - I watched it anyway.
I know, right? Kill me. Kill me now.
But through the wincing and the cringing, I did pick out a few other bits of info:

New Shockwave will be open in Spring '24, alongside the new coaster.
New coaster will have a custom designed layout, and judging by the size of the site will be significantly larger than the one featured in Intamin's promo vid posted earlier in the thread.
The coaster will have variable 'settings' that can offer differing ride experiences. That part is particularly interesting, I feel. What could that mean, I wonder? 🤔
The coaster will be part of a whole new immersive themed area, and supporting attractions were also hinted at, although it wasn't clear if they would also be added next year or further down the line.

All in all then, pretty exciting times ahead for Drayton Manor. Will definitely be popping in next year to check it all out.

Last edited:

Archie

Mega Poster
To summarize the details regarding Shockwave:
  • The track will remain the same, but the coaster will get new trains
  • The managing director doesn't directly say it but Shawn basically confirms the stand-up element will be removed
  • The coaster will have a new name and a new theme (slight variation on the old theme)
  • Height requirement will be reduced from 1.4m to 1.2m
  • The director teases "hidden surprise elements" being added to the ride
what are the chances of shockwave going floorless?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Split off the construction of the coaster into it's own topic. If I missed any posts here let me know and I'll move them. Thanks.