What's new

Drayton Manor | Unknown | Intamin Unknown | 2024

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The coaster will have variable 'settings' that can offer differing ride experiences. That part is particularly interesting, I feel. What could that mean, I wonder? 🤔
Could mean some trains are backwards or spinners?

smiffy9373

Roller Poster
First thing I thought of was different speeds for the lift and launch. Slower for a more family orientated ride faster for a thrill ride.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
First supports have arrived on site. - Picture from "Sean Evans - Lift hills and thrills"

Maybe when @Hixee or one of the staff have time could the topic be split to construction with the applying pics and then carry on the other discussion here

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1693835929904.jpg
    FB_IMG_1693835929904.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
https://lichfielddc-consult.objective.co.uk/file/5926647

This document was filed by Drayton Manor Resort in 2021 on the Lichfield District Council website.

To see what you want to see, scroll to the bottom of the document, where it should say:

Drayton Manor Park Five - Year Plan

I will go through each year now:
We already Know about 2022 so it doesn't matter.
• Finish the "Adventure Cove" theming, which has been the first investment phase of the park's new owners, Looping Group.
• Introduction of a new themed area on the unused part of Drayton Manor Park called 'The Triangle'. It is proposed that this are accommodates three new rides and an accompanying food unit
- Vikings Area
• Rejuvenation works to existing ride, "Maelstrom", including new harnesses, platform repair work and painting - New Ride Platform/Ramps
• New themed rooms within the Drayton Manor Hotel to encourage family use - Viking Themed Rooms
• Common areas within the Drayton Manor Hotel to be refurbished to make less corporate and more family / leisure friendly
• EDE to have a kitchen refit
• Knapford Station Buffet to be converted into a new food operation to support Gluten Free, Vegetarian and Vegan food options

• New replacement vehicle on an existing ride within Drayton Manor Park - Unknown
• New children’s ride within Drayton Manor Park - "Thomas & Percy's Submarine Splash" - Mini Log Flume
• Various projects within Drayton Manor Zoo to redevelop existing enclosures

• New rollercoaster within Drayton Manor Park - Intamin Custom Lift and Launch Coaster on the site of "Pandemonium"/"Apocalypse".
• Replacement ride within Drayton Manor Park - Flat ride in the same area as the new coaster - Effectively replacing "Pandemonium"/"Apocalypse".
• Replacement cars on an existing ride within Drayton Manor Park - "Shockwave" transformed to a Floorless Train along with new name, theme and story.
• Raised walkway between Thomas Land along the railway tracks connecting to Drayton Manor Zoo.

• Relocate a ride within Drayton Manor Park and introduce a new round platform ride to the vacated spot - Rumours suggest that the "Flying Dutchman" will move to a new location in "Adventure Cove", next to/behind "Air Race".

• Install holiday lodges originally proposed in 2016 to the south-west of the Drayton Manor Hotel. - Pegasus Website with more Info!

Edit 04/09/23: Seemingly these plans are lining up perfectly!
Here I have updated my original post with everything we have learned. As I say at the bottom of the post, everything is seemingly lining up perfectly, so expect the next few years to follow suit.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
I heard rumours about a serf-coaster train being developed, I guess that would fit the theme of the area (to some degree) but I won't lie, I have no idea what that is or how it rides.
Surf coaster is B&M I have a feeling this is 100% going to be Intamin in some kind of deal with the new coaster they are installing. Guessing Floorless may not be out of the question still gives it some uniqueness then.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
First supports have arrived on site. - Picture from "Sean Evans - Lift hills and thrills"

Maybe when @Hixee or one of the staff have time could the topic be split to construction with the applying pics and then carry on the other discussion here

WAIT IS IT GOING TO BE GREY/BLACK?!

Come onnnn UK Theme Parks.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Split this off into it's own topic. Any posts I picked up by mistake and more about Drayton in general (or other rides) let me know and I'll move them back. Thanks.

Intamin Forever

Mega Poster
Looks very black or dark grey to me.
WAIT IS IT GOING TO BE GREY/BLACK?!

Come onnnn UK Theme Parks.
More pictures of the site from Drayton Talk

One of the images shows a label with "Spinning Coaster Drayton Manor" 😯 This launch & lift coaster is sounding more interesting.
View attachment 26770
View attachment 26771

And here are some more pictures of the site.
View attachment 26772
View attachment 26773
View attachment 26774
View attachment 26775
View attachment 26776
How you like me now… grey/black my backside!