What's new

Dr Who Fans rejoice!

mrclam

Giga Poster
"The doctors daughter" was the worst episode i've seen yet i have to admit..

Mind you.. she WAS cute.. wouldn't mind seeing her in torchwood (so we can have a more "grown up" loook at her.. arf).

.. Who'd have thought she'd have come from peter davidson?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
TOPIC REGNERATION! :lol:

I had to offer my views on this!

Doctor Who is my No.1 favourite program, which is weird since I only really started watching it last year :p

Anyway, the main brunt of this topic is the RTD leaving to be replaced by Stephen Moffatt - OMG how awesome is that!

SM has been responsible for my very favourite episodes in all of the 4 series, including The Empty Child (1+2) The Girl in the Fireplace, and of course the all time best (imo) Blink (hence the sig)

Not that I'm saying that RTDs stories are crap, because I don't think there has been a single episode that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed (except maybe "The Next Doctor") but I just think that SM is better at exploiting the time aspect, as shown very well with Fireplace and Blink. He also tends to be responsible for the creepier episodes, most of RTDs are pretty easy viewing to be fair...

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what RTD does with his last 3 episodes, and also how he deals with Tenant's impending death! (Something I'm not overly pleased about but hey)

Series 5 is definately one to look forward to (although it does seem SO long away!)

the_missus

Mega Poster
I love Dr Who!!!! I can look past the campness and over-acting, because it does exactly what it says on the tin...it entertains!

It is a family show, so can't be too serious all the time, it has to be lively and silly to keep the kiddies entertained.

I've only ever seen half of Blink......really want to see the 2nd half of it!

Some of the episodes have been quite cringe-worthy...but I think every show has that. I can't think of any series where I thought every single episode was brilliant.

I loved Billie Piper in it..but think thats for a different reason! So glad she's coming back in the Specials! I never really liked Martha...but just recently been rewatching her episodes and she's starting to grow on me...a bit like a fungal infection. Catherine Tate, I found annoying at first she just seemed to be like her sketch show characters but she really shone for me in the Pompei and Ood episode's.

Hmmmn just realised this is completely off topic..... :?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^not really, as far as I can gather this is the only dedicated doctor who topic on the forum, so I'm sure your side discussion would not be classed as off topic...

And you NEED to see the second half of Blink!

mrclam

Giga Poster
prediction : RTD will totally destroy the franchise in his last few specials.. leaving people feeling pi$$ed off.. and unwilling to commit to watching any more.

The blink writer will come on - write some top notch episodes which no-one will care about after RTD has killed the franchise..

No-one will watch the new series.. BBC will cancel it again for another 20 years.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Az said:
^not really, as far as I can gather this is the only dedicated doctor who topic on the forum, so I'm sure your side discussion would not be classed as off topic...

And you NEED to see the second half of Blink!

I know I'm gonna try and hunt it down!! Nearly cancelled going out with my mates to finish watching it...but thought that was just a bit too sad!!

Well as long as the new companion is fit I'll keep watching it...sometimes it pays to be shallow!