What's new

Dorney Park | Iron Menace | B&M Dive Machine | 2024

Here’s a reverse POV courtesy of ElToroRyan:
I’m always hesitant to judge a ride’s smoothness based on POVs, but from that video, it definitely looks a bit rattly and looks to have some surprisingly jolty moments. There looks to be quite a bad jolt towards the end in particular (at around 0:59 in the video).

I wonder why some new B&Ms seem to have become so rattly in the past year or two?

Here’s a reverse POV courtesy of ElToroRyan:
I’m always hesitant to judge a ride’s smoothness based on POVs, but from that video, it definitely looks a bit rattly and looks to have some surprisingly jolty moments. There looks to be quite a bad jolt towards the end in particular (at around 0:59 in the video).

I wonder why some new B&Ms seem to have become so rattly in the past year or two?
Christ almighty who have B&M been getting to build the track and trains?!

Honestly between the cost of B&Ms, the sense that parks might be getting closer to saturated with their models, and more shakiness/rattle-y-ness indicating a quality drop, this could really signal a shift in the American market where Vekoma makes more and more inroads as a go to for looping coasters. Esp with Flash at SFGAdv and Circuit Breaker making debuts soon.

Huh, looks like this one opened weeks ago and nobody noticed.

Thread unstickied, then.

The jolt at the end is really bad and it's surprisingly rattly in the 2nd half of the ride, but the drop and immelman are pretty good.

Very surprising this got signed off, but the park really needs the uptick in attendance so I'm guessing they decided the roughness/jolts were within an acceptable tolerance.

Ok, so I rode this piece of trash this morning, twice. Front row far left and back row far right. In the front the first drop and inversion were pretty okay, but from there on out, it gets more and more wobbly ...with the ending being downright rough. In the back row it goes from bad to worse and was legitimately painful. I was shocked at how bad it was. Not only would I call it the worst coaster B&M has made I would actually put it near the bottom of all my coasters overall, not counting kiddie rides and such.

I rode about a month ago and didn't think it was that bad at all. I got 3 rides in. Front row and middle row twice. The ride does have a rattle toward the end and the jolt in the last turn was weird but it didn't feel uncomfortable or cause any pain at all.

Also rode it a few weeks ago and thought it was mostly 'ok', apart from that nasty jolt on the final turn. Mind you I was sat in the middle of a row above the rails. I would imagine having 7 across seating on B&M's narrow gauge dive track makes it behave more or less like a wing coaster, meaning any roughness is amplified on the outer seats?
Either that or it's just shaken itself to bits in the three months it's been open. 🙄

Last edited:
Its crazy because in the 90's and 00's I was a massive B&M fan and even defended them when they started putting out mid rides because that's what the parks wanted. Like we KNOW they could do X but this park wanted Y, so we got it.... But with this ride, its just....bad.