What's new

Dorney Park | Iron Menace | B&M Dive Machine | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
Here’s a reverse POV courtesy of ElToroRyan:
I’m always hesitant to judge a ride’s smoothness based on POVs, but from that video, it definitely looks a bit rattly and looks to have some surprisingly jolty moments. There looks to be quite a bad jolt towards the end in particular (at around 0:59 in the video).

I wonder why some new B&Ms seem to have become so rattly in the past year or two?

VonRolland

Giga Poster
Here’s a reverse POV courtesy of ElToroRyan:
I’m always hesitant to judge a ride’s smoothness based on POVs, but from that video, it definitely looks a bit rattly and looks to have some surprisingly jolty moments. There looks to be quite a bad jolt towards the end in particular (at around 0:59 in the video).

I wonder why some new B&Ms seem to have become so rattly in the past year or two?
Christ almighty who have B&M been getting to build the track and trains?!

opivy028

Mega Poster
Honestly between the cost of B&Ms, the sense that parks might be getting closer to saturated with their models, and more shakiness/rattle-y-ness indicating a quality drop, this could really signal a shift in the American market where Vekoma makes more and more inroads as a go to for looping coasters. Esp with Flash at SFGAdv and Circuit Breaker making debuts soon.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Huh, looks like this one opened weeks ago and nobody noticed.

Thread unstickied, then.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The jolt at the end is really bad and it's surprisingly rattly in the 2nd half of the ride, but the drop and immelman are pretty good.

Very surprising this got signed off, but the park really needs the uptick in attendance so I'm guessing they decided the roughness/jolts were within an acceptable tolerance.