What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Unknown" - B&M Wingrider (possible) for Dollywood 2012

There was a leaked picture of an official document on some website out there. From what I heard through my friends, it was an employee that got into a lot of ****. Not sure what else I can post without getting them in trouble...

BTW, no, Im not trolling nor tryong to seem important.

Switching between the hideouts'...

an eagle themed coaster would go well. really seems like theres alot for 2012 going on!
it always seems like forever before the actual ride is going to open but im just excited for the announcement for now.

If this coaster hugs the terrain like Boulder Dash we could get an AMAZING ride! :--D

And with your feet so close to the ground the 'terrain effect' would be breathtaking!

furie said:
So what you're saying is "The sky is not the limit" means "we're limited to the ground"? ;) :lol:

Perhaps They'll market this coaster like Air?

September 4th is feeling way too far away! grrrr

andrus said:
It will be announced on September 4th.

On a side note a rumour (from Screamscape) says that the coaster might get the name "Wild Eagle" or something similar, which correspond with Ian's guess that the coaster is going to be eagle themed.
September 4th is my birthday so I won't be able to read about the announcement until the 5th :( I'm desperate to know if I'm right. Hopefully another team member will be following the announcement and tweet it.

I'm still convinced it's eagle themed and Dollywood only posted on here when they realised I rumbled them.

There's now a website up.

http://www.dollywood.com/dollywood2012/

the first clue seems to be a snippet of the concept art of the ride. Im not good at stuff like this, clues and riddles, So im not going to bother and venture what its revealing about the ride.

Im really liking the website and the feel in the background. Im really expecting something awesome from this. Just to clarify, last time with Leviathans announcement there was misunderstandment with the countdown. It reads now 9 days 21 hours. Is this the same for everyone else? Well really those leaving on the east coaster area of USA.

^^ Yeah saw that a few days ago. I'm going for eagle theme, I think it was Ian who first thought of it, but the more I imagine an eagle on a train, the more I think it will be.

Dollywood2012clue.png

This is the clue I got. Any ideas? I don't think it will be a wingrider...

Dollywood2012.png

Eagle theme, I reckon. I hope it will be an invert(very doubtful), that would be so cool. With your feet almost touching the ground, it would feel so amazing!

Josh73 said:
Dollywood2012clue.png

This is the clue I got. Any ideas? I don't think it will be a wingrider...

I would guess that's an immelman/diveloop which shouldn't be surprising. I can't gather much.

RE: "Unknown" - B&M Wingrider (possible) for Dollywood 2012

It wil be a wingrider, and ya it looks like either dive loop or immelman, and if I remember correctly, when the story popped up about asking construction crew they mentioned something about inversion will be the biggest drop into the canyon and looking at the countdown it clearly shows the terrain dipping. Then again I probably am remembering wrong.

Sent from my throne

So excited for Sept. 4 now! Yeah it will probably be a B&M Wingrider. But an Invert would have been cool too.

The Sky Is Not The Limit... Hmmm.

Is it just me, or do those rails appear to be on the bottom of that track? :?

The track at Dollywood is already sitdown style track though, not invert/flyer. Could we be in fact looking at some sort of raven turn?

Inverted Launcher, perhaps? I think Vekoma have said somewhere they are able to make them...

Or just a regular Invert. I'm hoping for a Wing Rider as much as you guys, but I'm unsure if it will be one. I mean, the B&M Wing Riders haven't become a tried and trusted concept yet, and I guess that potential buyers would see how well Raptor and possibly The Swarm fare before they buy one. After all, it's a pretty new type of coaster, and coasters have to be planned well in advance. I think this will be more of a traditional ride (flyer?), but I still expect something amazing.

There is no Inverted Launcher that exists currently, right? I think that your feet would snap back be cause they are free and loose.

^Wicked Twister, V2, Steel Venom, Volcano, I will just stop there.

Oh my! I compleley forgot about Intamin Inverts for a second there. I was think of a full curcuit B&M one. Sorry.

Dollywood hasnt failed us yet, so no matter what it is, im sure it will be fantastic.
With the whole theme they have, im sure it'd be inverted, flying or wing rider. Any of those will be fantastic and especially from B&M

Everything points towards a wing rider. All the evidence from the spotted track to the leaked information, everything EXCEPT for the track in the concept art.. By some reason the rails are under the track, ie invert/flyer-track :?

Maybe it's just a fault in the drawings or it might be the first B&M 4D (raven turn). Either way it's odd!

IF it's a raven turn, it would have to have spinning seats, right? Which we've already ruled out?

^Not to my knowledge, I think everyone just assumed it would be stationary seats because the thought of a true 4D B&M would crush the AT fanboys hearts as it wouldn't be a true "world's first" if they would get the same thing. I am excited to hear what it is come the 4th. Can't come soon enough. This and SFGAm are my two "can't miss" for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.