What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh73 said:
Precisely. You understand me! ;)

I love Hyperbole and a half.

On topic, that eagle is going to be completed, right?

No. It was there plan from the beginning to add a half-arsed effort and only build the body without wings...

75992d1325691624-neu-2012-dollywood-pigeon-forge-tennessee-usa-wild-eagle-b-wing-coaster-power4full.jpg

WOW! I think that might be the best single piece of theming i've seen for a ride. Anyone know where they're going to put it?

Brett7710 said:
WOW! I think that might be the best single piece of theming i've seen for a ride. Anyone know where they're going to put it?

On the front of the train? Beat Texas Giant for ugliest car ornament? ;)

furie said:
Brett7710 said:

On the front of the train? Beat Texas Giant for ugliest car ornament? ;)

I knew i'd left that one too open (no more jokes please :lol: )

I thought it might look cool on the station roof but i'm guessing its going to be on the ground near the entrance or something.

UC said:
Wait, what?

This will be the largest sculpture of an eagle in flight in the USA. The "horizontal wing span (is) equivalent to a four-story building."

That doesn't look like a forty foot wingspan to me.

It looks fantastic, but I suppose what I'm wondering is if I'm missing something or if that was a typo...

It looks like the photo was taken from a rooftop. It looks almost as tall as that building in the background, so it's possible that it is 40 feet wide.

Brett: The eagle is going to be placed outside the ride's entrance.

According to people over at TPR, the eagle in the picture is NOT the one going to Dollywood, the same guy is making a bigger version that's supposed to be rusted/corroded brown for the Eagle's actual color.

Imagine a 40-foot span sort of eagle statue in front of the ride. That would be really sweet.
Finally trains have arrived at the park!
I've never seen trains been delivered like that though!
Probably happens more than I realize and also due to the fact that this is a wing rider ....
Hopefully we see testing kinda soon.

D1993 said:
Imagine a 40-foot span sort of eagle statue in front of the ride. That would be really sweet.
Finally trains have arrived at the park!
I've never seen trains been delivered like that though!
Probably happens more than I realize and also due to the fact that this is a wing rider ....
Hopefully we see testing kinda soon.

I thought trains get delivered like this all the time? I don't think I've seen many times in which the train gets delivered as a whole?

c5gp11sg00at1ddluko0ij.jpg

Yeah, the thing that happens with every coaster is happening just cause it's a Wing Rider.

Fool.

Ben said:
c5gp11sg00at1ddluko0ij.jpg

Yeah, the thing that happens with every coaster is happening just cause it's a Wing Rider.

Fool.
Whilst you're right, I feel the need to defend him slightly.

Those floorless cars would would fit in the back of a truck assembled as a train mounted on a piece of track (or some sort). Due to the width of the wing-rider trains, the only way to transport them in containers would be to have them in the container sideways. If you didn't know, it's not a stupid comment to make...

But yes D1993, most coaster trains arrive as separate cars (I think), and are attached together in the service sheds.

UC said:
Ben's point was that most coasters have their trains delivered piece by piece.

The orientation of the trains on the flatbed is irrelevant.
I know that, but if you didn't know how coaster trains were delivered, then a simple guess about transportation is hardly outrageous. Ben called him a fool when he could've just said it happens on every coaster. :roll:

Worlds+Smallest+Violin.jpg

Playing just for Hixee.

He implied he'd seen trains delivered, and that they all got delivered whole. Or did you not read his post <//3

I think I just misinterpreted what he wrote. "I've never seen trains delivered like that before" seems just a general statement. Sorry for winding you up about it.

He made a mistake, I'm on your side with this!

In response to that HUGE Eagle Statue? If that isn't the one that's actually being used, where did the pictures start to be broadcast from in origin? As in where was it first announced that they were getting one?

^I think the first time it was mentioned in this tread was a link to the ParkWorld.be website.

Looking at the Wild Eagle website there isn't any mention of it being completed yet:

http://dw-2012.com/updates/

Status
Not open for further replies.