What's new

Docklands [14/01/2007 - 06/10/08] [New Park - 10/03/10]

Not forgotten this park - just been busy having a bit of a life. Was really cool, I got to do things like walk and not sit infront of a computer......I really recommend.

------------

Added a Church in my Docklands Park, some new paths here and there - just basic landspacing.
I've also started the second phase of my project which has now become a film studio which will turn into a theme park some time in the future.

I've based the idea from an existing film studio near to where I live, you might have heard of it, Three Mills - based in Bow/Bow Church.
Anyways, I'm not really in the mood to write an essay so here are the pics.

------------

Church:
untitled.jpg

-----------

Banner.jpg

Studio1FrontBanner.jpg

Studio3FrontBanner.jpg

BowMillCMBanner.jpg

-----------

Update Soon.

Coaster_Monkey

Yay, it's funny you've updated because the other day I got sad when I realized we haven't had an update in months, from one of the best parks I've seen in the history of Roller Coaster Tycoon!

Anyway, once again your architecture blows me away. That church is just incredible, with so much detail, and I only wish I could do architecture to that extent! One church like that would take me hours and hours.

The studios, from what I can see, look just as good as the rest of your park. I love them!

Keep it up Coaster Monkey.

Simpley Amazing!., your eye for detail shows what time and effort can result in RCT2, you should really concider going into a design job career, with your stunning designs here im sure you'll find it as easy as pie.

Just one thing, I know you obviously get asked this alot..... But how do you build so high?.

Looks great. Lot better detailed then when you started. Very nice architecture.

One thing.. do you have the clear path. You could hack that over the sidewalk and pull the path out right to the walk so it looks very clean.

Nice job, though. Good to see it going.

Wow mate, great church! But I reckon if you had the tiled version of those really steep roofs I reckon they would work heaps better so the colour of the roofs didn't exactly match the walls. Unless of course that was the intention...

Thanks for the replies.

LiveForTheLaunch: Ha, yea I was about to just give up on the project out of sheer boredom but decided that there's too many unfinished parks around on CF and I may aswell carry on mine. But I must say that it'll take a very long time to complete, so there might not be any updates for a while at some point, or a load of updates....at another point. :roll:
My architecture blows me away too - I was messing around, and I know this may seem very big headed, but even I thought that I done a good job with something that took less than 20mins.

Cedar_Dude
: Thanks mate. Everyone has an eye for deatial and you're right it does take time - there maybe pints where you can make something up in a few minture but then there are days where it'll take you a heck of a long time.
I am interested in becoming an architecture designer but then I do have to take into consideration this is only RCT and I shouldn't really get carried away. Plus I couldn't hold down a job to save my life - too lazy.

I'll answer your question very soon - it's very easy when you realise how it's done. It's just raising land and stacking scenery - I'll show in the next update.

CedarPoint6: Thanks very much - I think I have improved but then again it was an off day, could call it a mistake. I'm trying very hard to keep it going but there are some buildings that I just can't get right and have to leave be - but that's not saying that i'll never go back to it and improve it. there's been A LOT of changes since my last update.
Yea, I've gotten rid of the road path - it was a case of doing that and clearing scenery and putting it back into place or using something else as the road. I went for the latter, ofcorse. Will show a picture update soon.

The Claw: Yea, I wanted it plain, however, I see where you're getting at and it does seem somethin that would fit nicely.
thanks for the reply.

-lofty-: Ha! Thanks dude.

-----------------

At the moment I'm away from home, squating at mates houses for a while - but I'll go back soon and will give you guys a picture update.

There's A LOT of change and all seems very different I must say.
I've added onto the existing Docklands Train Station to give it an International train terminal - it fits in well and looks....um....train station'y like.
A huge chunk of buildings have been removed to make way for something better - I felt I made the right chioce in doing so as the chunk of buildings just looked out of place. You'll see what I mean once the next update is posted.
The film studios is on hold as I'm kinda loosing interest in it - but at least I didn't start a new bloody topic about 'em and waste forum space...eh.
This project is an on going one and will be complete - I just don't know when.

....Never realised how much of an essay this turned out to be but thanks for reading - if you did.

thanks.

Coaster_Monkey

dude, this is.......... **** no idea what to say.

its sublime. i would never in my life have the patience to do this sort of thing, I cant imagine what your other parks look like. well done.

Hey,

I found some pictures of the new Euro Link Train Station - I'm not quite happy with it at the moment, more detail needs to be added - so the pictures are work in progress.....
A lot of landscaping has been done, and there's so much more to do....

RCT has not been touched in ages, I've got 5days off work so hopefully I'll get a little bit done - but, I'm not expecting much.

Here's the picture:

The converted entrance to the state of the art, *ha!*, International Train Terminal....
Eurolink2.jpg

The opened - underground station platforms....
OverviewEurolink.jpg

Another view....
Eurolink1.jpg

---------------

(Edit)
Here are the before and after shots of the Docklands International Link area....

Before:
After.jpg

After:
Overview.jpg

-----------

That's all for now, I don't expect load of comments, this update isn't anything spectacular, however, comments are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Coaster_Monkey

Wow I really really like this, the building are just... fantastic :p!

Good job, Kepp it up!

Yay I'm glad you're still updating this even though it's not like, on a regular basis or anything.

The train station is really good, and even though I'm not keen on those glass pieces, you really do make even thw ugliest building pieces look fantasic, so congratulations on being like the best RCT2 architecture person ever!

Keep it up.

Yeah it's good to see some progress on this park again. It's interesting to see that you didn't use the Mini Train to represent the train tracks, didn't they look as good?

What can I say, a huge improvement on that link area.
It seems that with every update you've improved it's nice to see some old faces still around :)

What happened to doing a seperate park for the fair rides? Or hasn't that been started yet?

Pineapple

P.S. I'm back. :D

WAIT - WAIT - HOLD *THE FUNKING* ON!
Hottest Games Desinger?!...Wow, um....Thanks CF!
:)
(EDIT - Although now it's come to my attention that it was announced last month.....Doesn't time fly... :? :oops: )
--------------

Lofty - Why thank you.

LFTL - Yea, I've not been into RCT as of late - just the odd bit here and there.
I can also see the RCT forums have been kinda dead too, it's a shame really.
Best architecture ever? Hmmm, don't know about that - but thank you non-the-less.

Pineapple - Alright dude!
Yea, I feel that I've improved but still a lot to do.
The park idea went right out the funking window - I'll most probably get to it some time in the near, very far, future - but yea.
I am focusing on a new park 'Bow Mills Studio' - it'll be the UK version of IOA so...yea.

------------

Right - after months of trying to find my RCT2 I gave up and went out and bought it today.
Nothing much has happened - I've spent about 30minutes trying to locate where I saved my last Map, got really frustrated to where it was and then found out I saved it on a disk........Reason why was because I thought it'll save me time trying to find it.....
<_<
Anyways, updates you havn't seen (I think)

Tramway.....
Tramway.jpg

Bow Mills Studio.....
BowMills.jpg

------------

Okay, okay! Not the biggest update and maybe just a waste of yours and my time - however, I just thought I'd keep this topic alive and let you guys know that I'm still interested in it.

Thanks,

Coaster_Monkey

Top quality as usual, loving the tram way. I'm just wondering if slightly more detail is needed on the studios, i mean i know studios are generally just big steel boxes, but maybe add a vent or two to the roofs, a walkway here and there or a fire-escape or something.

Very good though, good to see its still going.

Looking nice as usualy, btu like you said, not the biggest update therefore there's not a whole lot to comment on.

I do agree with Bitter about the studios though. Maybe add some balconies or windows, or something to make them look a tad bit less bland. I think his idea of a fire escape was great.

Keep it up!

Bitter & LFTL - Yea, I too think that a little more detail is needed for the studios. Right now it's a side project - I'm not putting my effort into it at the moment, but once I've completed Docklands Fair I'll get right onto the Studios.

I know there wasn't a lot to comment on, I was just keeping the topic alive - couldn't find a decent picture....So just threw in those two.

-----------

Okay, yesterday I spent some time wondering what to do next -I've finished building the second tallest skyscraper, I really like it. Although it's not detailed hardcore, it is one of the better ones out there.
It's called the Channel 4 Tower - not the main head quarters for C4 but just an expansion.
I won't give you detailed shots of it yet - what I'll do is show you how much progress has been made since I started this project.

Over the next coming weeks I'll be putting together a portfolio of my work and how certain areas have changed - built up - etc.
To show how much work has been put into this....

-----------

Without further ado - before and after Map,

Before:
SCR27.jpg

After:
SCR7-3.jpg

-----------

Coaster_Monkey

Wow. i would love to just watch you build these things. It amazes me how you do it. If i had the time i would personally come to your house and watch you build these. I need a lot of practice but i cant get RCT2 working till next year. Because it keeps rebooting my pc every 10 mins.

Stunning work. Very nice. :)

By the way. I can never seem to get as much objects as you guys. Do you all do it in the scenario editor then go back and fourth between the object menus and then edit it more. Save it and check it in real park life to add the coasters. Then go back to it in scenario editor ?

Dude, wow.

Wow.

Wow.

That is all I can say, really, except I think you should submit this into New Element's concept creations, which is basically building things with Roller Coaster Tycoon that aren't amusement parks, in case you didn't know.

Simply phenominal.