What's new

Docklands [14/01/2007 - 06/10/08] [New Park - 10/03/10]

Wow, what the heck. I wish I could build like you! Honestly, when I first looked at your old park, as in the one before West Ferry Point I wasn't extremely thrilled by it. It looked really messy in my opinion however this is absoloutely amazing as I've already said a few times. I never actually thought of building a city like this, but now that I've seen this park I definately know it's possible. Those buildings are really nice and I can tell you've put a lot of time into them.

Amazing job, it's one of my favourite projects ever.

This is really just...amazing.
How you look at some of these pieces and put them where you are is beyond me, it is soo creative and awesome.

Please show us more.

Coaster Monkey said:
Yes - I thought of that at first but that kinda design seems too generic for bridges......

Yeah but that's because it's the most practical design. Anyway the bridge looks heaps better now that you have put the extra part on it.

Bitter - Thanks for the comment. Yeah, I'll be adding 'stuff' around the area pretty soon. The idea is to have the North Side of the River to be more green and park like, leading into something. Which I'll explain further down this post....
As for
t all looks like it could actually exist
...Ooo but it does :p

LFTL - Once again a great comment, it really spurs me on - so thanks.
I reckon you can 'build like me', it really isn't hard you just have to have A LOT of patience and have inspiration from buildings you've recently visited. Anything is possible on RCT - I have a plan for later this year to create something even I think my not be possible - but I'm gonna give it a try.

Comet - Thanks dude - yeah, it is creative and really easy, like I explained above, it just takes a hell of a lot of time.

The Claw - Yeah - I know but I really don't like 'practical'....Maybe in some cases 'practical' is best but for me not all the time.
Good that you, and others, seem happy now with my bridge - I'll keep it as my final design.

----------

Okay, so this isn't a picture update more of an 'omangoes! I jus ad an idea dat is well sexi!'....That's how I see it anyways.....

This is going to be phase 1 of 2, maybe 3, other projects linking the parks together.
There really isn't enough space for me to add a amusement/themed park on the land I have right now....So I'll keep this as a 'Scenery park' and then continue it - on a bigger map - for the actual park shizzle.
There'll be an obvious link with both parks so hopefully I'll get away with it.

I've edited the river banks - dramatically. Custom river bank walls have been 'erected' around most of the land banks I have now. Will post a screen soon - but don't worry if no one likes it I've got a back up copy of the park without the river bank walls.

Coaster_Monkey

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Wow, what the heck. I wish I could build like you! Honestly, when I first looked at your old park, as in the one before West Ferry Point I wasn't extremely thrilled by it. It looked really messy in my opinion however this is absoloutely amazing as I've already said a few times. I never actually thought of building a city like this, but now that I've seen this park I definately know it's possible. Those buildings are really nice and I can tell you've put a lot of time into them.

Amazing job, it's one of my favourite projects ever.

Took the wrods right from my mouth! This is truly Amazing...

Nice.

Words being taken from peoples mouths - why thank you.

--------

Small update to give you an idea what I was on about, River Bank Walls.
I'm 50% updating the River Bank - so It's kinda okay if anyone has any ideas to improve 'em - or scrap 'em.
I'm also about 90% nearing completion the Mansion flats - the two pictures will also show you how the river bank walls work well with the surroundings.

Please note - the river may look really bland and empty - that's because I've not added anything on land.

Manison Flats 90% complete:
SCR1.jpg

Link

Mansion Flats, River side view:
SCR2-1.jpg

And Link

The River Bank Walls:
SCR3-1.jpg

And Link

Comments welcome,

Coaster_Monkey

Ugh, I honestly can't stress how much I love your architecture! It's absoloutely incredible and it's much different from any other Roller Coaster Tycoon work I've ever seen in my life. All in all, I think it does make me pretty damn jealous that I can't do that.

I'm excited that there are little areas where expansion will be taking place. I look forward to seeing other new buildings and stuff, if that's what you have planned.

When do you reckon you'll start work on the actual fair?

That tower block looks nice I think the colour scheme is good,the bridge looks ok could be better though.

Keep it up!

^ I think he said he's gonna do 2 parks now, leave this one as an architecture park, and another one with rides etc, but with an obvious link from one to the other. Should be further up this page/end of last page.

Oh my diddies :p

This is the corn on the cob!

I can tell how much time you spent building all of those creations. And ouch :p

It's something i wouldn't have time or effort o do. Good on ya. Congrats. Well Done.

LFTL - ....Gawd you look so green ;) ha, crack myself up sometimes. Nah, I'm joking.
The 'actual fair' will be constructed very soon - maybe middle of February or early March. It'll depend on how long it takes me to finish 'Phase 1'.

Charlie Fauvel
- Um, thank you. However, I'd really appreciate it if you gave me more of a clue to how I should 'improve' the bridge.

UC - Thanks, I'm taking that as if you like the park so far, so thanks. Also:

Bitter - Thanks for clearing that up for UC and everyone else.

EDIT -
AJ Ha! Thanks dude. Yeah, it takes so much time - and time I never thought I had. I'm out of the house pretty much all night - so I have the afternoons to get as much done as possible.

----------

Yes, I'll be making another park after this, and if all goes well, maybe a third.

Update:
4 new tower blocks added to the North Side of the river. The surrounds still need to be complete, but the actual towers are pretty much done - bar from the balconies.

New bridge connecting North and South. This is near the new tower blocks.

I've also gone a bit 'retro' on a small bit of land.
Story is, yes there's a story for this fake lil city, an old railway bridge has been converted to house three small restaurants/bar/cafe. It was knocked down whilst the Docklands Arena was being built - way back when.
Only recently a small refurbishment went on near the arena - which, in turn, transformed the railway bridge arches.

The Pictures:

The Arches
SCR5-1.jpg

Back of the Arches
SCR6-1.jpg

Tower Blocks
SCR8-1.jpg

The Bridge -(Close up of how the Towers will look with Balconies)
SCR7-1.jpg

Docklands so far
SCR9-1.jpg

Here's the link if you wish to see all photos of Docklands Construction.

----------

Expect the next update to be early February.

Comments welcome,

Coaster_Monkey

OH

MY

FLAMING

GOD

!!
!
!!!!
!
1!!111ONEONEOENEON1!!WOMNE!!!!211!!1!

This is brilliant!!!

Although im not sure i like the brown balconys on the blue glass building. Meh.

This is absouloutely chiken and mushroom pie!

Amazing work man.
Just one question out of curiosity, I notice you put wooden support structures inside the building, why do you do that? What does it look like without them?

I am amazed. Even if I am still in mourning over West Ferry Point. (You better make sure you go back to that, lol!)

I especially like the old converted railway bridge. Really reminds me of London, the same as the funkily** designed sky scrapers do.

Keep it up.

NP

**Funkily - An adjective. To describe someone or something as funky. "Wow, look how funkily he is dancing."

AJ - ...Food fetish I gather? Well, yea - I was going for the Chicken and Mushroom Pie look, glad I got it at just that.

The Claw - Ha! I have nothing to say other than thanks for the very kind words.*

Comet
- Thank you dude.
The support scenery I use is to give me an outline on what my finished building will look like. It guides me and cuts out making any mistakes I may run into. Makes my RCT life so easy.

NP - Ha! Yea, WFP is just on hold for a while. I lost my mojo :(
Thank you for noticing that the railway arches have been taken from London - it's most probably the most realistic part of the park so far.

X10 - Short and sweet - thanks.

*=How ghey did I just sound?!

-------------

When I said the next update was going to be in early Febuary.....I lied.
It's not that much of a big update - just something that I'm really excited to show you guys.
The new Sky Scraper - currently the tallest building in the park - has taken a lot of time and hours, but I'm really happy with the outcome.

I went through 5 different designs before I stuck with this one.
I feel that it's more 'funky' and different to any other Sky Scraper I have in this park so far.
I got a bit of inspiration from the Dubai Hotel....In Dubai -(Ironically)....But the rest was down to me trying to push myself into making something that stands out.

Still under construction, 90% - The unnamed Sky Scraper:
SCR3-2.jpg

Close Up:
SCR4-2.jpg

Comments welcome,

Coaster_Monkey

^Absolutely faboulous**. I can't express how brilliant that design is.

Although it is a bit on the thin side, but I like it. Very, very nice!

NP

**To be honest I don't care how gay I sounded then, I really meant it.

Righto then,

A lot to do still, so far all I've been doing is just playing around.
I hope Phase 1 would be complete by the end of this month, it all depends now if I'm busy or not.
I've started work on Phase 2, one coaster already built.....Well, that's the only thing built. If y'all want a peek then just say and I'll post a screen.

-----------

I've started work on the DLR extension. The 'track bridge' has now been extended onto the North Side - two stations have yet to be complete.

The Glass Blanket is my new 'main' building for this update. It's a block of luxury flats near the Docklands Arena, the name is kinda self explanatory - a huge shard of glass* is wrapped around the Flats itself, kind of like a blanket.
*Was one of many names I thought of - but London's real shard of glass suits and looks so much better. LINK

Work now starting on three new tower blocks. Not sure what colour they'll be but I think I just might stick with white - or I might go a little ott just a bit.

The 'obvious link' to the actual fair has been put in place. Not much really, just a few flags.....

--------------

Enough talk - more pictures.

The Glass Blanket:
SCR4-3.jpg

DLR Extension & The Glass Blanket:
SCR3-3.jpg

The Flags:
SCR6-2.jpg

Signature Shot?:
SCR2-2.jpg

Park as a Whole:
SCR1-1.jpg