• No, I wait for the ride OP because I'm lazy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes yes, sometimes not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Steven said:
P.S. Sorry for this reply didn't realize some one bumped it.
Why is everyone so negative about bumping some old topics.
He added to the topic, and if someone had created a new topic with the same question, then people would moan that the poster didn't search before, it's a real catch-22.

Anyway:

I always strap myself in (unless on Eejanaika since it's restraints are crap), especially on Balder where you could get away with several inches of space and if you don't you end up stapled.

Yeah, I'll do them myself but the ride operators still always come around and check them anyways. On rides with a lot of airtime and stuff, I'll definitely try to get a few inches of leeway but I'm not ridiculous where I leave it a whole foot up and risk death just for some air :p . If it's a ride like Dragster you'll find me pushing it pretty far down.

So, yes I do them myself but the ops still come around to check. The only issue I've ever had with restraints was with Xflight's back at Geauga Lake. They were kinda confusing :p .

nadroJ

CF Legend
I like to otherwise you run the risk of being pinned, which is never a fun experience.

Also like Taylor if I know the ride is gunna have some airtime I always try and leave a few inches.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Always! Always! Always! As the lovely Ms Jordan says - helps lessen the chance of being stapled & I can get away with those extra inches on those B&M floaters I <3 so much.
On OTSRs I also do my wife's, as she likes then good & tight (the kid doesn't need any help obviously). Anything to help speed up the load times. :wink:

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes I do it myself. So I don't get stapled and I can leave enough gap for more airtime.
And in one case. I pulled the restraint down but so it was just above the first click and then let go of the bar after we left the station so we (Stone Cold did it as well) rode the coaster without restraints.

I wouldn't advise doing it though as we almost fell out so many times as the cars had no sides either and it chucked you about all over the place.

Ollie

CF Legend
^I dunno. You've missed plenty an opportunity when you've been doing the restraints when I've ridden Vampire. ;)

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
Yes I do it myself. So I don't get stapled and I can leave enough gap for more airtime.
And in one case. I pulled the restraint down but so it was just above the first click and then let go of the bar after we left the station so we (Stone Cold did it as well) rode the coaster without restraints.

I wouldn't advise doing it though as we almost fell out so many times as the cars had no sides either and it chucked you about all over the place.

Which ride was it? :--D

A

Anonymous

I do close/lock the restraints myself unless my friend or an op bounces it before I get chance to. I do like to have some room to move about so I use what ever tricks i can to give myself move room. Especially on woodies PMBO it doesn't make much changer with no room to alot of room.

Oblivion I have had the "bit boy seat" a few times and I can say it gives a weird feeling. But me being a skinny git dose mean I get alot of room anyways lol.

Jools

Giga Poster
Usually I do, but I'm crap at opening enterprise pod doors (obviously after the ride has stopped :p ) Not really a restraint though :?

Ollie

CF Legend
The Grape Wizard said:
Ollie said:

Which ride was it? :--D

This one:
p2676.jpg

We were in the front and you can clearly see there that there is plenty of space to fall out.

And it wasn't just a small coaster. It had a long layout, wild mouse turns and little pops of airtime that sent you flying out your seat (and that was with the restraints down).
p2035.jpg

Also here's a video showing a POV of the ride.
Note these:
-The height that the ride is
-The rocks below
-How fast it takes the wild mouse turns (without sides to the car)
-How snappy the transitions are
-The pops of airtime on the bunny hill (sent you flying)
-How steep the track is banked on the helix's
And you can see how it was a really bad decision. :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-h9m0QjYKYp[/youtube]

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I always pull my restraints down. The only time I didn't do that was when I rode Cannonball at Lake Winnie, and the ride operator forgot to push mine down when he released the train (manual controls). I had to hold on for dear life over those airtime hills, FUN!

A

Anonymous

I always do my own restraints. I never leave them loose for airtime, that just scares me. And any flat rides that involve inversions I keep sucking myself farther into the seat and tightening the restraint as far as it will go until the ride starts...I had a really scary stalling upside down experience last year!

Kebab

Giga Poster
I had second thoughts on Hurakan Condor so I left the restraints up. Then the staff came out of the blue and pushed it down on me :shock:

It started elevating. Wasn't particularly ready, but I had no choice :lol:

So it's really dependant on the ride for me, whereas rides I love I shut them straight away. :--D