What's new

Djurs Sommerland | Tigeren | Intamin Gyro Swing

Pear

Strata Poster
Sounds a lot like the Hyperion trailer music.

Of course they're going to have to get something big the year after I go.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I doubt it's a new big roller coaster already. They just got DrageKongen in 2017 which was their biggest investment to date.
But color me impressed if it's already time again. I don't recall the last time they announced something this early, so it could be...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's a Gyro Swing!

In typical Djurs fashion, its name is on the "The Noun" form. This one is called "Tigeren", or "The tiger" if you want. 45 m tall, goes up to 100 km/h, built by Intamin. Total budget around 35 million DKK, or 4.7 million Euro. It looks pretty neat!

Matt N

CF Legend
I like it! Never ridden one of these, but they look great fun and I like the branding of this one! Really neat addition from Djurs here! I am quite surprised, though, as they seem to be quite a family park, sort of aimed at the same target market as Chessington.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
These types of rides have zero appeal to me personally, but it's a good fit for the park I reckon.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I like it! Never ridden one of these, but they look great fun and I like the branding of this one! Really neat addition from Djurs here! I am quite surprised, though, as they seem to be quite a family park, sort of aimed at the same target market as Chessington.
Calling Piraten, Drage and Juvelen family coasters is a bit of a stretch. ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
Calling Piraten, Drage and Juvelen family coasters is a bit of a stretch. ;)
Admittedly, I completely forgot about Piraten, but from a non-rider's perspective, I'd personally call Juvelen and DrageKongen family coasters. Although I called Wicker Man a family coaster prior to riding it, and it is definitely a thrill coaster after riding it, in my opinion! So maybe it's the same here!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Nice! I really like Djurs, and I'm a big fan of gyro swings, so I wholeheartedly approve. This will make an awesome park even better.

It's nice to see them dabble into more intense thrills again here. The park has plenty of fun yet family friendly rides already, certainly enough to keep me entertained for a full day, but it's nice to see them adding a flagship flat for the older/braver visitors to enjoy. I'll be a nice headline flat ride for the thrill seekers, and give the younger generation something to aspire to.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I decided to look up the numbers (mostly to see how much worse my home park TusenFryd fared by comparison), and I must say Djurs' development the past decade or so has been really impressive. They have invested an average of 35 million DKK (£4 million or so) every year since 2006, built six coasters over the same period, and the annual attendance has increased from 490,000 to 810,000. That's a 63 % increase in 12 years, pretty strong! Hopefully they will dare to go upside down soon, if only with a flat or two.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Honestly don't know what to think about Wonder World. - They're insanely quick to grab other sites' photos and upload them, with nothing about their origin in the FB post, only a source in tiny font once you're already on their ad-infested website.
- Thing is, I just personally received those photos from the park this evening and made a post on CoasterClub Denmark.
I have nothing against sharing, that was the point after all. But the way they go about it is a bit annoying tbh.

Here's the original post for good measure: