What's new

Dive In! No Limits 2 Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Over the next few months, we will be holding several contests in preparation for the 2015 season. You will be able to take some of the popular ride types that are being built for the upcoming season, and put your own twist on them! Don't like they layout of your favorite parks new ride? Make it how you'd like it to be!

First up, Dive Machines...with a twist! Building inside the zoned area only, you have been provided a station and storage area, now build the rest! Minor terrain editing is acceptable, the ride must not be taller than 150 feet or lower than 30 feet (marked off by supports in the terrain) and must exceed 3500 feet (not including storage).

The Rundown:
Max Height: No more than 150 feet
Min Height: No less than -30 feet
Trains: 3
Length: minimum 3500 feet excluding storage
Inversions: 3 minimum
Supports must remain inside the game area

Judging will be conducted by all, and once the contest is complete, everyone will get the chance to ride all the other rides. On top of the peer ratings, the following categories will be rated by a panel of three, including myself, and two guest judges. Everyone will rate the ride on a scale of 1-5, their own being excluded from their rankings. The following categories will use the same rating scale, averaged by the judges.

Realism: Is this realistic? Or are we looking at someone's first creation in RCT
Creativity: Think outside the box
Smoothness: Find the sweet spot between an SLC and B&M Hyper
Effort: Did you auto support it all? Or put some effort into realism?

25 points will be available, and the highest score wins.

Entries are due no later than SATURDAY MARCH 7 AT 11:59 PST. Voting will begin the following afternoon and will conclude Friday March 13 at 11:59 PST. Winner will be announced the following morning.

All entries should be emailed to bigt12788(at)yahoo.com once completed. Please provide your username with the completed file, and once I receive, I will confirm with you.

Side note, please do not post screenshots of your rides, as it could lead to unfair voting by some (although we are all adults so it shouldn't be an issue). If you are just so excited, and can no longer hide it, please send your screenshots to me, and make sure you follow CF on Facebook and Twitter, as your image may appear there, as well as anonymously in this topic. If this goes well, we may roll the next contest out immediately after this one concludes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4thyk ... ve.nl2park

If you have any issues downloading, post in here and I will fix it. Good luck!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Make it anyway you want. The only thing existing is the station and storage as they are outside the borders. Whatever you want to do, do it.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Feel fre to add them to brakes if you want, I must have missed it.

Painting and 3ds wont get you bonus points but if you want to feel free to do so.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Daaaaamn. I was literally a week away from starting one myself. Nevermind, I LOVE Dive Machines so will try and take part :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
So am I right in thinking the coaster cannot drop below 30ft, eliminating any tunnels and splashdowns?

Also can I edit the scenery outside of the markers?

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Colossus said:
So am I right in thinking the coaster cannot drop below 30ft, eliminating any tunnels and splashdowns?

Also can I edit the scenery outside of the markers?

The lowest point is marked by the red support boundaries, and if you look you can have tunnels. Also, there is an expanse of water within the boundaries so again, you could have a splashdown :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
Uncle Arly said:
The lowest point is marked by the red support boundaries, and if you look you can have tunnels. Also, there is an expanse of water within the boundaries so again, you could have a splashdown :)

Ah Okay I see now, I had originally just imported the ride and boundaries into a current park, so I didn't have the terraforming of the file.
Also I thought the ride could not drop below 30ft, but I see now that it must be "atleast" 30ft and that the support boundaries are my ceiling.

Cheers for that fella, as I said I'm still learning the ways of NoLimits,

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I put it in the wrong topic, I'll see if it can be moved to find the correct location.

The minimum height (as in can't go below) is -30 feet.

Also, it has been brought up to me that there may be some blocking issues with the brake segment right before the station with it not pulling forward enough to clear the transfer table block. I simply forgot to center it on the template, so if you want to go ahead and do that to yours, go for it, simple oversight on my half.

Status
Not open for further replies.