What's new

Disneyland Paris What Will Happen?

marc

CF Legend
Maybe it's also a thing that more needs doing than they thought and they just don't have the time or it's going to cost more than they thought.

So many people think due to the extra money they got they have a huge budget and that's simply not the case.

peep

CF Legend
^Actually, that hasn't officially gone through yet, at some point within the next few weeks though and I doubt it will get declined by the board or whoever it is that decides. Hence why there's a slight delay in things actually happening. And although they haven't been given money, the way it works allows them to free up money elsewhere to spend on refurbs and new things.

Martyn B

CF Legend
So Loopings (usually reliable) have said that guests wont notice any changes with Space Mountain, including trains.

What on earth could they be doing with it for six months?

peep

CF Legend
Like Marc said, giving it a good ol' clean up and probably some structural stuff (part of the roof did fall off last year). Fixing effects etc so unless you work there or go all the time you won't notice any difference. Obviously we live in hope that the original rumours still happen but no one can say for sure and Loopings, although quite reliable tend to be quite a downer in how they report things :p

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Looopings are sarcastic and negative. While they are often spot on, it should always be taken with a grain of salt.

AJ

Giga Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW3vFrpoNhg

Oh, Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff were there, too (Kristoff and Olaf never having debuted here before).
10348619_743904519049770_1969335432652944400_n.jpg

The entirety of Discoveryland is now boarded up, excluding Buzz and Star Tours (and Captian EO on weekends).

1484268_743283735778515_1058602061851105318_n.jpg

10363625_743282569111965_896761866962554003_n.jpg

10915314_743282609111961_4300920640799468527_n.jpg

Basically, with most of Disco down, and with BTM to be heading down, too. Plan your visit (if you visit).
Although there will be a lack of attractions, the park are making up for it with shows. (Which obviously isn't every enthusiast/guests idea of fun).
But at least they're offering alternatives.

Enjoy.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've read elsewhere that the extra carriages on BTM aren't actually going to improve capacity. They're adding them so they can run the coaster with 4 train limit. Apparently running it with 5 trains causes a lot of breakdowns.

marc

CF Legend
Tbh even with closed rides we would still go. Out of my 6 trips space mountain has been shut for 3 and btm we only go on once anyway.

peep

CF Legend
^Same, but I suppose it won't be the first time for people like us so of course it won't affect us compared to say a family of 4 who've been saving to go for a year or so.

What AJ left out of his post was that the refinancing was approved (yay!) and a new Frozen Summer event will take place this year (hence why the characters made an appearance at today's event). I assume most of this event will be similar to what Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando had last year. California has recently kicked off it's own Frozen event as has Tokyo Disney. I think the only resort to not announce a Frozen themed event is now Hong Kong. I don't think dates for the Paris event have been announced but seeing as Swing into Spring will be on till May I reckon a June/July start.

AJ

Giga Poster
I guess I left it out because it isn't news to me anymore, and none of this has been for months.

But yeah, there's a lot happening this year.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Is it 2017 all of this is planned to be finished by? In time for the 25th anniversary?

I'll just wait until then to go :p although nothing major was shut at Magic Kingdom WDW they did have some construction fences up (I think simply retheming/rebuilding/clearing whatever) which does dent in on the 'magic'. The same with Downtown Disney but I digress.

Back to Disneyland Paris. :lol:

peep

CF Legend
Same, although I'm intrigued by what new sets they have planned. Hopefully having more sets will increase the flow of the ride. If it goes behind the stunt show arena there's already been an application to set off loud noise in that area.

marc

CF Legend
That tram tour is the biggest waste of time, even if they add new sets its just not worth it.

But if they keep this there goes a lot of the expansion ideas people were coming up with.

Martyn B

CF Legend
It's all well and good having this lovely Hollywood Boulevar, but what's the point when it just leads to the Tramp Tour? And it's not like you have to go down it when you enter the park either...

marc

CF Legend
I would not even call it lovely tbh the whole things s waste of space which I hope they sort out if they ever redo the park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I always found it weird that with the Magic Kingdom park being so well designed and thought out layout wise they evidently forgot everything about that when they built the Studios...

It would probably be better if they did utterly spite it, but I think it's still actually quite a popular attraction (for some reason), even in it's current god-awful state...

One can just hope they manage to find a way of expanding the park further back as a result...

Martyn B

CF Legend
marc said:
I would not even call it lovely tbh the whole things s waste of space which I hope they sort out if they ever redo the park.

I'm not referring to the current boulevard, the plan is to build a proper one, like Main St. Real buildings an all.