What's new

Disneyland Paris What Will Happen?

Food was brilliant as well, if you eat at the right places it's ok.

Plus if you go into paris and see how much food is in France you can see Disney do not actually over charge at all.

The restaurants in the village do that's for sure.

But 17 euro for a Burger chips coke and desert is not over charging.

Walts restaurant 35 Euro for a huge starter a steak and desert again is not over charging. The food in there is amazing and the size of the portions shocked me, it was usa size.

Star Tours II has actually been confirmed by the park (they NEVER announce new things!) for 2017.

So excited right now. I adore version 2 and can't wait to see it land in Paris.

Just cannot believe it's going to take so long and I hope this is not the big thing for their 25th.

Anyway thank god it's finally happening.

It'll close for about 6 months or so. It'll open amid all the new films and will come 2 years after Jedi Academy which is likely to open next year after the 6 month refurb of Videopolis. It means there will be more of a flow of new things amid the mass refurbishments happening all over the resort.

It will be the big "thing" for the 25th, accompanied possibly by a new parade. The anniversary year should be about the resort and not just a new attraction.

Well at least they are sorting the area out as it is the most tatty land in the park.

They are due a new parade the current one although good is getting old.

Am I the only one that couldn't care less about Star Tours?

Especially Star Tours 2, because it's still just a simulator! The hype around this attraction genuinely puzzles me.

The hype was the other year when the usa parks got it, it's meant to be a great update and people love it.

In Paris it always seems to be busy when we go, we normally have to queue about 20 mins for it.

But yeah am a bit let down that this will be the big 25th thing, I think Space Mountain would have been a better attraction to push for it.

However the new films will be out so it will work well with that.

I'm of mixed views tbh.

^Space Mountain deserves to be updated next year seeing as it's the attraction's 20th anniversary. Just makes sense.

Star Tours is just a simulator but it's one of the best designed simulators out there. Version 2 really does turn it into a superior attraction, the 3D does actually work wonders for the attraction. The multiple shows also makes it very rerideable.

Good point peep I did add in that I could understand why they picked an attraction that opened with the park but it does not look like the edit worked :(

Going to post a general news/rumours update, soz if I go over stuff already discussed...

A Frozen sing-along show will be opening on the Chaparral Theater in the Summer.
A Star Wars Jedi Academy show will be opening at a similar time in Videopolis (temporary home before Star Wars Land).
The Space Mountain 6 month refurb - sounds like plans could have been reduced or not as we originally hoped.
Nautilus is also going under for a long refurb at the same time as Space Mountain.

Big Thunder Mountain is going in for a long refurb of 13 months. Starts in November and will last until December 2016. The refurb is rumoured to include draining the lake for a good clean and fix up, fix of the geysers, additional carriage to each train to increase capacity (track and surrounding rockwork is expected to be changed to accommodate this), last lift hill will gain similar effects seen in California's latest refurb and the queueline will become interactive and will explore the ride's storyline a bit more.

All very exciting news. Shame the rides have to be closed for so long but there's a lot of work to be done.

Joke about space mountain, they cut the budget to use on other things.. So no new trains from what I've read or re theme.

Let's hope they at least fix the building up and fix all the ride effects.

I'm not sure I believe that news, it wasn't mentioned by the two twitter accounts who get everything right. And as far as I'm aware the more credible part of the cut rumour is changes to the ride theming. I think the trains were actually purchased ages ago, it's just a case of linking them into the system for audio.

Yeah I hope it's not true that they are not replacing them.

They have to sort the theming out though nothing works it's near enough pitch black in there.

All Star Wars stuff going into any Disney park will only be based on the new films, that's what's been said anyway. Hard again to know if they just mean Orlando or Paris as well.

Didn't the previous refurb to make it Mission 2 only take something like 3 months? With this one twice as long, you'd hope for some major changes!