What's new

Daboia - [B&M Invert] - NL2 Re-Master

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You can't say something doesn't flow till you see it in action Mit ;-). I might let you have a ride.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
After adding more foliage I decided it was looking a bit drab and dull so I've reverted back to the original plan. Now there's supports in I think I've made the right decision it's much more imposing and bold.

16kb9tu.jpg

Am currently planning out the paths, queues and station for the ride area. There's a lot of terrain headaches to sort out! But watch this space.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Wow, that looks lovely. I can imagine that being in a park.

The layout isn't the run of the mill invert, but not too far out as to where it becomes a fantasy ride.

I really love the look of this.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Given the terrain a play with
The view from the brakerun
2icbkll.jpg

From inside the cobra-pit. I want the queue to go down here.
aev82d.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
15i2iwx.jpg

The ride is ready for it's new cartextures

331d0mw.jpg

Here is the location of the waterfall, just waiting for some plumbing ;-). I won't be using objects in the same way The Red Dragon was done, I really don't think this layout needs it. It's pure unadulterated force, I really don't want to detract from the layout.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
That looks gorgeous. The dark sky environment really brings out the colours of the ride and makes it feel tropical.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
bob_3_ said:
I won't be using objects in the same way The Red Dragon was done, I really don't think this layout needs it. It's pure unadulterated force, I really don't want to detract from the layout.

LOL. You're just saying that cuz you cba to learn how to make objects :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
It's hard =(

Everything i make looks pants. I can't texture them either and nothing online helps.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqfC3VfnzY[/youtube]

The teaser for your viewing pleasure.

And from the video, the ride will be released on Sunday July 18th

bob_3_

Giga Poster
288bl2d.jpg

Background

Themed to a deadly viper from India, responsible for the most deaths of any venomous snake. Experience riding on a twisted forcefull journey through the asian jungle.

Daboia is hindi for "that lies hid", or "the lurker", this ride hides it tricks in the thick foliage and attacks with it's high forces and intense direction changes, you never know what to expect.

Ride Design

My previous ride had it's design focus on the graceful, floaty side of B&M. This ride is for the lovers of the good old school force of the 90s inverts. Taking inspiration from Raptor, Silver Bullet, Pyrenees, Nemesis and Afterburn, this is not for the faint hearted. It utilates the terrain to make sure it never loose speed and the tight turns close the terrain and scenery can pull an excess of 4.5Gs.

Download Notes

-You need Track Packager to open this ride.

-This ride was created using Newton 2

-Please download the cartextures and put them in the cartextures folder before riding.
Texture 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?94z62s4hd7i3148
Texture 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/?8fcys1l08ok6b70

-The best environment for this ride is the Tropical Rush, by Hzgarfield, the ride can be downloaded here, http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=16562.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks go to CrazyCoaster, Ed and Loefet for testing.

I dare you to try a backrow ride.

Please rate

DOWNLOAD

2n9kizc.jpg

2me4ntl.jpg

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Simply stunning. The elements flowed really nicely. You managed to get the B&M 'flick' right in the wing over, that really showed from back row. The track was so smooth to the point I couldn't believe it was possible in NL. Really reminds me of Phaethon the way it cruses through elements. You captured the feel of how a B&M train rolls which I find amazing.

Highly recomend people to take a spin on this! 10/10 :)

Brookes

Giga Poster
Copied and pasted from my rate on NL-exchange:

Technical : 9.00, Adrenaline : 9.10, Originality : 8.10, Average : 8.73

Fantastic coaster!

T - Very smooth, trackwork was excellent and supporting was also done very well. The shaping of everything was very true to B&M style, especially the zero-g.

A - Packed with adrenaline, lots of high forces combined with inversions and high speed turns resulted in a very thrilling coaster.

O - The setting and scenery were great, and the layout mixed quite a few fimilar elements, yet something unique to B&M inverts wouldn't have gone a miss here. Also, I felt that you could have done something more exciting with the turn after the cobra roll, as left turns got a bit repetitive. Still originality was quite high.

Overall, great ride keep up the high quality work, although I'd like to see you do something with a coaster type made by one of the smaller companies.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't have long to write a review, but I thought I would do one, even if it was very short:

I really liked this. The trackwork was extremely smooth and the whole coaster flowed between elements very well. It felt like the ride had been properly thought through, with the interactions between the landscape, supports and other bits of track feeling very intense.

Great job, 9/10!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Richard, I feel this is by far your best trackwork to date! It flowed extremely well between elements, and continuously kept up a very solid and good pace, as well as maintaining that B&M snap you get with inverts. The wingover I felt could have used a little big less banking going into it, but the snap over the top was absolutely perfect for a modern B&M. The cobra roll was built well, but I thought it was a tad on the wide side, maybe not.

The zero-g-roll I see a lot of people struggle with getting the forces correct for the correct shape- you seemed to have pulled it off no problem.

Supports were realistic, so I see no need to go into detail. I did feel that you needed some theming to stick with the ride name- even a simple station would have done. I'm not much one for just a track placed into X environment, and I like to see theming, no matter how small it is :)

Overall, a great, fantastic ride. 9.5/10

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Cheeky little POV for all you people without NL

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9DXLBGTWbs[/youtube]

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So I shared this design recently with the prospect of re-doing it in NL2 like I did with The Red Dragon almost 10 years to the day!. And I've had some members jump onboard and started revamping the supports, I've already got an uploaded logo and some area music and some station ideas... so watch this space =)

logo-test.jpg

screenshot-2020-07-20-13-00-22.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster
ok so I've been sitting on this for a while and wasn't sure what to do and now I have like 5 projects I'm currently running with various collaborators I think I will leave this one how it is. But I'm proud of the design, it was one of my first delves into FVD style design (with Newton2) and I actually don't think I could build some of these elements today easily that match the agression of old school B&M... even if there are a few areas that definitely need reworking. But as a layout concept I think it was worth preserving, plus jpau from NLC's support work is so beautiful.

Anyway, I've made a POV with what was meant to be the area music, and heres some screens.

Daboia-Thumb.jpg

210311-3.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's quite a cool layout. I like the blend of 'elements' and corners to give it a bit of variation.

I think there are a couple of bits that don't quite feel right to me - the exit of the Immelmann doesn't quite feel right (maybe it snaps a bit too hard at the top?) and the Cobra Roll looks very squashed (doesn't actually ride badly, but it looks odd in the screenshot) - but on the whole it's very good. A damn sight better than I've ever managed with a B&M invert, anyway!