What's new

Colossus Partial Retrack (Thorpe Park)

This video (In poor 1999 video quality) shows how hard it was run at Chessington, I don't think it has ever spun as fast as this at Thorpe Park.

Holy cow... I thought the Beast was run hard (because I remember it looking way more intense than Samurai does at Thorpe.) But this is a whole other level!!! In the last few seconds of that video, it genuinely looks completely out of control!!!

Takes 6.45 seconds to complete a circuit in that Chessington video...

Takes 7.8 in this video from Thorpe park (I timed a few circuits here, some took over 10 seconds, but I've compared the fastest one that I personally timed.)

Last edited:
I remember on the quiet days of back when they had fright night on non half term weekdays it used to run insanely on the longest setting

This thread is kinda also Thorpe's sparkle project so i think ill put this news here as its general Thorpe improvements.

Shade for Saws queue line is going in, its small but appreciated.

View attachment 33073
View attachment 33074
Oh yeah - real quality sparkle there. I've seen better temporary hoardings on construction sites. Merlin must be thrilled they can claim this is all in keeping with the theme - must be so cheap. :D

Actually and also - if there's no insulation underneath/in those metal panels, then it'll end up feeling like you're standing in an oven. The panels will heat up in the sun and just start re-radiating heat back into the cattle pen.

I bet it's still going to be awful.

Hope that is just temporary for the summer as that is incredibly ugly and the fake barbed wire was one of the better themed elements of the queueline.