What's new

Christmas #1

As I just said on Facebook...

The only reason that RATM got to number one is because of the marketing campaign. If they were THAT good, they could have done it without! They didn't deserve it anymore then joe did! (personally I wanted the Muppets!)

Joe has talent to sing a cover? Meh.

Killing in the name of!! Get the **** inn!!! Have that x-factor!

^Well, duh!

It would be impossible for anyone to get to number one without marketing. Arguably, Joe had more marketing, as his face has been all over the TV for the last 12 weeks or so.

What have we done....?

Next year's Karaoke-factor winner to release festive cover of RATM song to guarantee No.1?

Britain's Got (Very Little) Talent winner releases cover album of Megadeth tunes?

Strictly Come Dancing to include mosh-pit routine?

I'm A Celebrity special guest Johnny Rotten? (oh no, hang on a minute???)

Sorry, I wasn't clear...

If it wasn't for that campaign RATM would have remained where they always were...

Ironically, the song is all about not being sheep and all that, yet everyone followed the guy who came up with this campaign like lambs to the slaughter.

Mark said:
Sorry, I wasn't clear...

If it wasn't for that campaign RATM would have remained where they always were...

Ironically, the song is all about not being sheep and all that, yet everyone followed the guy who came up with this campaign like lambs to the slaughter.

Actually. That just makes it funnier!

Edit:

Strictly Come Dancing to include mosh-pit routine?

That would be Awesome!

The only real winners from this are Sony.

I had the song from years ago so there was no need to buy it again, but I dont listen to it. I wonder how many people will listen to the song next week.

Dont get me wrong I really do not like the X Factor song and I said that as soon as I heard it.

Thing is, what has it all achieved. Ok so it kept X Factor off of Number 1 this year...

But they are already preparing for nexts years X Factor. Which will bring with it another battle for Number 1 I am sure. Uping the hype on the show!

All I request is that next years obvious and obligatory campaign gets a Christmas song to number 1!

Actually the song is about racism within the police force, not "doing your own thing", so to speak.

For those wanting a real christmassy christmas No. 1.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGhGP5HZEw[/youtube]

This song was a pile of dog sausages. So was the X Factor song. Nether deserves the top spot.

Christmas song for Christmas No. 1 please next year.

Balls...

I didn't actually want it to get to number 1 :lol:

The problem is... Now you have a lot of people unpleasantly crowing on about it. That's fine, if there's substance.

However, we all know there isn't. We all know that this is a flash in the pan, a single bright burn that will die away as quickly as it started.

Next year, there will be another "campaign", but nobody will support it, as it's been done, and it actually goes against the idea of this campaign (which was deliberately ironic from end to end).

So next year, there'll be an unsuccessful campaign, and everyone will say "well, see, it really was a complete load of crap". So all the celebrations and crowing now, will (rightly) be thrown back in everyone's face.

It would have been better to come in second, and say "we made a stand, we made the effort - but obviously there was as much support as there was for X-Factor, fair play, everyone was right."

Next year, at least all of this would have been taken into account, and it will have made changes, but much more subtly. Next year, it's just going to be an absolute nightmare. A thousand Facebook groups of "such and such for number 1, tell RATM to **** off" kind of thing. "Bring back our Christmas number 1's".

Winning was the worse outcome for Rage - just you wait until next December... :(