What's new

Cheetah Hunt- Intamin for Busch Gardens Tampa

I'm not so sure.. the angle that the end of the track doesn't support going up and over the Sky Ride. Of course.. it could just be the angle the photo is taken. I'd like to see a more horizontal photo to see more support.. along with more track.

Not seeing it myself, I would also agree that it shouldn't be going over the Sky Ride & there's no sign of that in the animated video. However RCPro feels it is & was there to see firsthand, so I felt it was worth posting.
Either way it's going to be close to the Sky Ride, which is something I would think they would have avoided.

Nothing against you posting that at all Jerry.. relevant information to the topic.. but as noted.. it is hard, even from that angle, for the direction that track is taking for it to have adequate clearance over the sky ride. As UC said.. they tend to give things like that a wide berth in terms of clearance. I'm just not seeing it.

Of course.. another angle would solve the problem but it is hard from anywhere in that area to get a better vantage point.

UC said:
After all, it doesn't take a lot for those cables to shift a fair amount.
Exactly what I was thinking, but if it goes over the top then there's not much to worry about. If it goes underneath without much clearance then you're looking for trouble.

UC said:
Look at the angle that track is beginning to level out at. It's not even clearly "over the top" enough for us to be convinced it's happening - which means if it does go over the top, it's going to be damned close.

You don't want the tops of those cables slamming in to the bottom of track.

From those pictures, that could easily still go into a steep dive under (awesome airtime).

Best close example image I could find...
Ge-Force-2.JPG

Though is the cable car confirmed as staying?

DSC02166.jpg

This photo really shows how massive the coaster is and how much area it covers. I need to convince my dad to take us to Busch Gardens in the summer.

UC said:
That's not what I'm saying or how I see it.
I know that wasn't what you were saying, but it did allow me to express what I was thinking. To me it seems that a few feet clearance from the cables over the top would be enough since it isn't as much as is needed underneath (due to the extra room required by the Sky Ride cable cars). I know I don't have to explain the physics to you, but Like furie says - it's going to require a steep dive at this point to prevent the two from getting too close to each other.

Cheetah Chase.. you know.. that crappy Wild Mouse that shared the same name.. has been officially renamed.. 'Sand Serpent.'

So the only Cheetah at BGT is CH.

Finally!!

Cheetah Hunt's been a dumb name for that ride in that area for its entire existence. I remember when it opened (I was nine) getting off and thinking "that wasn't fast like a cheetah at all!"

Here's a photo from a different angle that does suggest that Cheetah Hunt is going to go over the top of the Sky Ride. No sign of it leveling out that I can see. The clearance also looks to be a good bit more than just a few feet over the top.

DSC02849.JPG

Agreed. That picture does seem to suggest it will happen but I need more evidence.. like track going over. :D

Looking good. My only real gripe is that MCBR right after the cork or whatever.. it is just so out of place and.. meh.. I know why they need it but it could have been done in such better fashion.

That article shows a lot of the layout, YET manages not to show that support that was the talk of the site just a few pages ago.

There are however some other shots that suggest that the support in question is simply, decorative (anyone notice how far the supports extend past the track on the tall structure???)

Honestly.. after seeing different angles.. I'm almost positive it will be going over.. as almost everything is doing more than simply suggesting.. it is downright telling.

^ I agree, especially because the clearance is so much greater going under the cables (where the trains and carriages- close to twenty feet- need space) than going above.