What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 1 | Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
My coaster is Basilisk 🐍 A terrain hugging Mack hyper, here is a peak at where I am with it.
View attachment 15554
I still have quite a bit to do, also trying to work out how I will get a POV from my PS4 onto here 😅
You can share directly from PS4 to Youtube using the share button... Been a while since I touched my little black dust gatherer under the TV, and even longer since I played with 'share.' but it's definitely possible.

I call this one "Valhalla" -
View attachment 15557
Will be finished for round 3 then? 🙈🤣

ALSO Has everyone that's done a Mack gone for a 90 degree turn on the drop? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Leon_K

Mega Poster
My coaster is Basilisk 🐍 A terrain hugging Mack hyper, here is a peak at where I am with it.

I still have quite a bit to do, also trying to work out how I will get a POV from my PS4 onto here 😅
I upload gameplays on youtube once in a while from other games like shooters. What I usually do is record gameplay on PS4, copy my clips via an external hard disc, edit my footage in Premiere Pro and then upload it to YouTube.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Just finished my entry after some last minute tuning due to some unrealistically strong airtime moments.

Had to go with the Intamin wing Hyper out of respect for Skyrush. The idea for this ride is to showcase all of the best Intamin elements into one coaster. There are two trains and I opted for a slightly shorter layout with no MCBR to maintain intensity from start to finish.

Name: Blaze

Key stats:

- Length 5448ft
- Max Speed 85mph
- Biggest drop 232ft

Features:

- Cable lift into near vertical drop (Skyrush)
- Outer-banked ejector airtime hill (Pantheon)
- Huge floater hill
- Dive loop (Hyperion)
- Twisted ejector hill (Taron)
- Speed hill
- Non inverting loop (Flying Aces)
- Low to ground turnaround (Maverick)
- Twisted airtime hill
- Ejector hill

Video below...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just finished my entry after some last minute tuning due to some unrealistically strong airtime moments.

Had to go with the Intamin wing Hyper out of respect for Skyrush. The idea for this ride is to showcase all of the best Intamin elements into one coaster. There are two trains and I opted for a slightly shorter layout with no MCBR to maintain intensity from start to finish.

Name: Blaze

Key stats:

- Length 5448ft
- Max Speed 85mph
- Biggest drop 232ft

Features:

- Cable lift into near vertical drop (Skyrush)
- Outer-banked ejector airtime hill (Pantheon)
- Huge floater hill
- Dive loop (Hyperion)
- Twisted ejector hill (Taron)
- Speed hill
- Non inverting loop (Flying Aces)
- Low to ground turnaround (Maverick)
- Twisted airtime hill
- Ejector hill

Video below...

Ohh I do love that none inverting loop!!!!

James F

Hyper Poster
After much fiddling about I have finished my entry. I was attempting to make this coaster as realistic as I could, despite the fact I set it in the middle of a desert. 😅
Name: Ornithopter (loosely based on the helicopter things in Dune (2021)
Model: B&M Hyper Coaster

Stats
Max Height: 230ft
Drop Height: 260ft
Top Speed: 87mph
Length: 5,579ft
Airtime moments: 12
Max Positive G-Force: 4.9 G (The first valley)
Max Negative G-Force: -1.43 (Ejector Hill)
Ride Time: 2:58

planet coaster tn.jpg

- The Helicopter (Ornithopter) statue wasn't built by me, I tried to build it myself, but I am really terrible at building custom statues in this game, The statue was built by "TheDankWizard" who has uploaded it to the steam workshop. I have built everything else though. I am not sure if we can use blueprints for this competition, but if we can't then I will upload a version without the statue.

20220116004228_1.jpg
20220116004310_1.jpg
20220116004350_1.jpg
20220116013216_1.jpg
20220116013250_1.jpg
20220116013318_1.jpg
20220116013340_1.jpg
20220116013408_1.jpg
20220116013441_1.jpg

Alrightie here is the video, Skip to 1 minute in if you just want to see the POV.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think I'm as happy as I can be with this given how busy the coming week is shaping up to be.

Name: Glade Rider
Model: B&M Hyper
Package: No Limits 2
Height: 78m / 256ft
Length: 1956m / 6417ft
Top Speed: 132kph / 82mph
Commentary: I planned this ride to be a modern take on a B&M Hyper, fusing some aspects of their more recent dynamic shaping with some of the more aggressive designs we see from Intamin.

pEqMHob.png

Overview

HzmEgp7.png

Train cresting the lift hill

fiqxK2E.png

View of the station

oFeAH9o.png

First drop

BrDhZul.png

The double turnaround feature

y3hkxdp.png

High speed passes over the water below

x39wdp4.png

The trick hill, designed to give a dynamic series of airtime pops

ceFrqTm.png

Ground level layout view

Videos:
(had some capture issues here, so forgive any frame drops or poor quality, I hope it's clear enough to get a sense of the coaster)
Offride video:

Onride video (see chapters in video description for front row, front row with stats and back row views):

If anyone is interested in seeing the file for themselves, let me know and I will happily share.

:)

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Here's my result. Falcon's Flight. I have been working on a traditional B&M style hypercoaster. It's not the most risky layout but I have been trying to but some effort in creating a ride with realistic smoothness and banking, I think I managed to do this quite decently.

Some stats:

speed: 128kmph/80mph
drop: 64 meters/210ft
track length: 1536m
Max lateral g-force: 1.38
Max vertical g-force: 3,38

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Some great entries whilst I've been on my travels...

For anybody that hasn't entered yet, don't forget the deadline is coming up!!!

Whilst on my travels it suddenly hit me... (Actually it was reading messages from Hixee that got me thinking) We want to award league table points for the top 5... BUT what if everybody voted the same one!!! Kind of messes that plan up.

So I propose this, when I make the judging / voting thread, instead of a simple poll, we ask people to list their top 5... Then calculate the results for each round using the same points system that we intend to use for the league table.

Example:
Voter 1's top 5:

1) Layout A (+5 pts)
2) Layout B (+4 pts)
3) Layout C (+3 pts)
4) Layout D (+2 pts)
5) Layout E (+1 pts)

Voter 2's top 5:

1) Layout D (+5 pts)
2) Layout B (+4 pts)
3) Layout C (+3 pts)
4) Layout E (+2 pts)
5) Layout A (+1 pts)

Final result for this round:

1st Layout B - 8 pts
2nd Layout D - 7 pts
3rd* Layout A - 6 pts
3rd* Layout C - 6 pts
5th Layout E - 3 pts

* Denotes Tie

Is that ok with everyone?

It's getting quite technical, I think you're all just going to have to trust me (by me I mean Excel) to calculate it in a fair way tbh....

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
1642809632650.png
Hang on, I'm almost done! It's been really exciting to see everybody else's submissions as the contest winds to a close. Looking to throw my hyper into the entries hat very soon.

About the new voting system, I like the idea - my only concern is that we shouldn't be able to give ourselves 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.