What's new

CF-Lives 2020 | All Dates Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LooperOne

Roller Poster
Finally joined the forums after anonymously stalking for a year...aka LarsonLoopers.
After making all of the US Lives last year except Kennywood, I plan on making as many as possible again this year. I know I'll be in the UK already for the Towers live so I'll probably even get my first UK Live.
If you're going to the Texas event, start a platinum pass at SeaWorld there and it's less than half of getting one in the other parks.
I think the Holiday World day is the Saturday of Holiwood Nights so I'll have the whole crew there already. They'll have quite a few ERT as well as trimless Voyage so sure to be fun.
Gonna be a great year! Look forward to having a blast and meeting even more of you all.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
How long is Holiwood nights on for? Had a google out of interest as people always mention it and there weren't any details on the website. Do they run voyage without trims?

LooperOne

Roller Poster
Officially Holiwood nights is always the Friday and Saturday after Memorial Day. You can buy tickets for the event that either include both full days or start Friday evening(note that you have to be a member of one of their selected coaster enthusiast clubs to get in). According to their official podcast, they run Voyage trimless during the ERT. This was from 2017 but I’ve been told it was true the last two years as well. Who knows if their track work this off season will affect that.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Snoo

The Legend
...and that's my arm suitably twisted :)

Stuff's booked, I'll be at Kings Island. Cue predictable comments about you taking my US park virginity ;)

YES! I CAN'T WAIT! We will prove all those stories you hear true. :D

How long is Holiwood nights on for? Had a google out of interest as people always mention it and there weren't any details on the website. Do they run voyage without trims?

HWNights are two days but only going on Saturday as to enjoy the morning at KK. And yeah! Last year it rode great. :)

@em ; there is quite a bit of detail on their site, here ; https://www.holidayworld.com/shows-events/holiwood-nights/

So assume that the CF-Live plan is to do KK in the morning/early afternoon then HW in the evening-night?
Busy day then!

(vested interest though as looking to make it :) )

Also ECC is one of the clubs ; so sorted.

So.. can we cuddle? :D

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Some dates which actually work for me. Finland is looking extremely likely.

I want to look into the USA Great Adventure and Hershey weekend, but it probably won't work out. Still on the table for now...

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Sign me up for the Finland trip! With me living here, I haven't visited either Särkänniemi nor Powerpark in some time. This might be it!

Also, Liseberg just for us enthusiasts? Sign. Me. Up!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Also, Liseberg just for us enthusiasts? Sign. Me. Up!

There was a error on the Liseberg trip date (see above) and we are waiting for it to be re-organised.
Unless I've missed something, I don't think it's going to be a special (closed to the public) day.

Sorry, was waiting for a mod to reply to this, but didn't want people to get the wrong idea.
Please correct me if I'm wrong mods.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There was a error on the Liseberg trip date (see above) and we are waiting for it to be re-organised.
Unless I've missed something, I don't think it's going to be a special (closed to the public) day.

Sorry, was waiting for a mod to reply to this, but didn't want people to get the wrong idea.
Please correct me if I'm wrong mods.
Thanks Sue. When I made my post above I had made the assumption that people would read it. :p

Good catch. I think (hope) we'll be in a position to announce something this week.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Good catch. I think (hope) we'll be in a position to announce something this week.

Aka, you’re waiting for Liseberg to put up their opening times. For some reason they’re being really slow this year.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I may of got off the weekend of the Flamingo Land live and booked the Premier Inn in my old stomping grounds in Yeadon for 2 nights... Woop!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think I may have possibly just booked some cheeky flights to Orlando for November.
If only there were some sort of CF get-togethers planned for SeaWorld and Busch Gardens at around that time.

What? There is??
Well bugger me, that's convenient! ??

Status
Not open for further replies.