What's new

CF-Lives 2020 | All Dates Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
There's one UK CF-Live left, and that's Flamingoland in September. It is likely that the parks will be open by then, although there's no guarantee the new cred will be, or what the social distancing restrictions will be.

So, open disucssion. Keep Flamingoland or spite it this year? Would you actually attend if it went ahead? Would you prefer another UK park in it's place?
 

nemesis_guy

New Member
There's one UK CF-Live left, and that's Flamingoland in September. It is likely that the parks will be open by then, although there's no guarantee the new cred will be, or what the social distancing restrictions will be.

So, open disucssion. Keep Flamingoland or spite it this year? Would you actually attend if it went ahead? Would you prefer another UK park in it's place?

Keep. Never been myself, need to go so I'll attend. And it's not one the major parks so it could probably do with our support
 

Will

Well-Known Member
I think it's all to up-in-the air to really say anything at present :(
Yorkshire-wise, I'd favour LWV over FL as I have concerns for its future and we all know Flamingo hasn't provided the best Live experiences for some years now.
We'll have to wait and see where looks promising as the Summer progresses - but preferably not the London parks, please!
 

Fi

Member
It’s still really early to make an informed decision on it when the situation is currently evolving. It would still be my perferred park, partly because I need all the creds, but also a smaller, less busy park like that may be more tolerable with restrictions than a busy Merlin park and probably more in need of support.

Realistically however I suspect large group gatherings will still be against the guidelines until they have a way to prevent transmission, and given how slowly restrictions are being lifted it’s probably unlikely to be resolved by September.
 

SilverArrow

Active Member
As it's a UK live I think most people will be able to change plans at quite short notice which is helpful with no flight faff etc, however I appreciate the gathering thing may still be an issue. I guess if things improve people could set up short notice unofficial meets instead of big official ones later down the line? Was hoping Poland might go ahead too but everything is as clear as mud at the moment!
 

Peet

Active Member
I vote keep it, but only if the new cred is open - it's the only new coaster the UK is getting this year and I'll definitely make the journey to ride it. It wouldn't hurt to tag LWV on the day before or after though as we all need to enjoy the Ultimate while we can!

Personally I wouldn't mind a late call on it if the new cred or social distancing guidelines mean that it's touch and go.
 

JammyH

Member
I’ve heard through the grapevine that the flamingoland coaster is being pushed back to April 2021. I don’t have a reliable source though, only a rumour passed on to a friend.
 

witchfinder

Member
I might be interested if the new cred is open, otherwise there's little point in my view as we'd all want to go back when it opens anyway.
 

.Ac.

Member
Seems little point to bin off only remaining UK live at this stage, you could make a call much closer to the time due to the very little faffed involved in travelling through out UK.

However I bet majority of people on here wouldn't want to go with out new cred being open.

Me personally, I am happy either way on grounds park is new to me and I need all creds ( ignoring the spiteful go gator).
 

Howie

Active Member
If the new cred is open and we're allowed to, defo still go.
If the new cred isn't open but the Live still goes ahead I'll probably still go anyway, haven't been to Mingo in years and it would be great just to see y'all.
Up for tagging on LWV too, and since I missed it last year I'd almost certainly swing into Fantasy Island on the way home as I still need the Millenium cred.
 

Rachel

Member
In all honesty i'd probably only go if the new cred is open because its a long journey for me and i'd end up having to go back anyway.
I would say hold off making a decision a little while longer - as others have said it's a fairly easy one to make last minute plans for.
 

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Social Media Team
Thanks for the input so far. I’m in no rush to make a decision on this, but will around mid-August. Definitely considering adding LWV if it goes ahead.

Living on the south coast, heading to North Yorkshire is a looooong journey. If I’m making that journey and staying near the parks - which may be on my own due to social distancing - I want to know if it’ll be worth it. Both in terms of safely enjoying the day and getting to see as many people as possible. Seems like there is interest so that’s great to hear!

To reiterate, no rush to make a decision. Just testing the water ?
 

Ben

Social Media Team
Social Media Team
I'm another +1 for the 'I'll come if the cred is open' crew. And if my Orlando trip gets cancelled/moved which lets face it, will definitely happen.

If we don't want to go to Flamingoland but still want to do a live (and it's the right conditions to do one) we could always look at doing something like a Thorpe Ghosterforce or Alton Fireworks or something - sneak a cheeky little new one in but somewhere easy to just, turn up.
 

Matt N

Well-Known Member
One thing that it might be worth taking into account with the Lives; will they be allowed to go ahead, even if the parks are open? Only saying because I’m assuming that social distancing will remain in full force for some time even after the parks reopen, and current UK social distancing measures do not allow you to come within 2m of anyone outside of your own household.

Not trying to rain on your parade at all, I only thought it might be something worth considering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top